Wednesday, August 12, 2009

#296 - Just a relaxing day at home!

What a great day hanging out at home. I only spent about an hour working... it was bliss. I spent the morning outside with my computer! :) I actually watched an episode of Jon & Kate plus 8. What a sad story. No matter the issues or who's to blame it is just sad. I can't believe how fast they went from separated to divorce court.

Sometimes I wonder if the strain of infertility then multiples is just to much? I can't even imagine how much strain twins then six would be!

I know for us after 11 years of infertility then going to life with twins was a very difficult transition. You spend all this time in the infertility world, it's hard yes and then it consumes your thoughts. Then if you get lucky... bang 9 short months later you are a parent, or in our case a parent to 2 babies. There is no 'recovery' time... My twins are four and I am finally in some sort of recovery process, which I think would be so much easier if we didn't have frozen embryo's left. (As if infertility wasn't bad enough now you have to decide what to do with the snowflakes or 'maybe babies'. Now there's something a fertile person never has to deal with... I still envy them for this.) Anyway it seems like everything that you go through can add to the strain on a marriage in an already complicated world... I just think it's sad for all involved.

As for us as the boys get older life seems to be getting less complicated, we do have our days! I can sure tell you that one two year old is MUCH more enjoyable than TWO 2 year olds. I guess the boys 'toughened' us up for the girl. Even when she is difficult it's not 1/4 as bad as the boys were at that age! Two was difficult with the boys they really did play off each other! I love the way they love to help now, it slows us down but we don't want to discourage them a bit! I hope we can stand the test of time...

Good night

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:12 a.m., August 13, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

I'm glad you are relaxing at home. And, I think you might have something about the difficulty of transitioning from infertility to multiples. Talk about a huge leap emotionally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home