Friday, July 17, 2009

#281 - Keeping busy

Well today was a HOT one and a busy one. We dumped our trailer full of tree branches after breakfast. The worst part was it was hot and humid. (We don't get much humid weather around here so it was brutal!) We went to the recycle station to dump our branches. They have great big bins with steps that you have to go up to throw the branches into the bin. That's ok if you only have a few, but it was a big tree that we had to cut down. Hubby had a big bucket of small stuff that he picked up and when he went to dump it, it slipped and fell into the bin! He was going to jump in to get it, but then thought, hmm how will I get out? Good thing he thought about how he was going to get out before he jumped it. We had the kids with us so could you imagine me trying to find someone with a ladder with the 3 kids in tow! Boy that would have been a good one to explain! :) We managed to retrieve our bucket (we had to pull it up full as it wasn't empty!) with some strapping that hubby used to secure the branches on our way there! Hubby was going to go without me but I really didn't want to stay home, I am missing Granny and Grampy right now.

I was busy cleaning out our trailer all day. (It never did get it's scrub that it usually gets at the end of each season. It got a wipe but no scrub so off I went. We also have our old foam mattress and it was a little to long for the bed so hubby chopped it off. Finally I think we may actually be able to sleep in that thing comfortably.

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- heat and humidity

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- hubby in a good mood

KIDDO NOTES
Baby was 'warming' up to me again today. She was afraid of me last night as I had some tears when Granny and Grampie were getting ready to leave. She did better than I expected today, she was looking for Granny but didn't get to crabby when she wasn't there.

The boys were wondering when Granny and Grampie were coming back. They were very good today too. However Boy1 is not doing so well on the potty AGAIN. This too shall pass I suppose!

Apparently Granny & Grampies (miserable, bitchy) cat was happy to see them. (As if that cat could be happy about anything. I can't believe how nasty it is considering how well it has been treated!)

Good night

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:01 a.m., July 17, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Your in laws sounds so great. I'm glad Baby is warming up to her Mommy again.

 
At 1:51 p.m., July 17, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

Its been hot and humid and disgusting here too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home