Sunday, June 14, 2009

#264 - Where did the weekend go?

It is amazing how fast a weekend can just fly by!

I managed to get the basement bathroom painted (YEY!) and hubby, after some fun got the toilet bolted down. It's starting to look a lot less yucky in there! (Not like it could look much worse! Gross!) My cousin's wife was supposed to come out but she had to cancel. So I phoned my mother as we are really desperate to get stuff done before the inlaws come out. She said she was too busy as she had to get groceries and clean the car (if you saw the inside of their cars you would understand why I thought that was utterly ridiculous! LOL). Anyway I was really bummed out as the kids were grumpy due to the hot weather which meant that I wouldn't be able to help the hubby at all. Much to my surprise guess who showed up? (I swear she must have got hit by lightening! :)) Anyway it was a great help and we were actually able to get a couple hours of stuff done. Apparently they showed up today to do some yard clean-up stuff while I was at work??? My poor father had been working all weekend too, I can't believe she dragged him out here to do that. Maybe she is finally seeing just how impossible it is for us to get anything done with the stage the kids are at right now?? I was shocked but happy that some stuff finally got done this weekend.

Teach tomorrow, then my next project is House cleaning... and hopefully finding my missing cordless phone? Of course the ringer is off so the intercom button doesn't work. I have no idea where it got to???

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:37 a.m., June 15, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Good luck finding your phone, I go through that daily.
Your mom is something, Wow.

 
At 5:14 p.m., June 15, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

How cool that she surprised you in a good way for a change.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home