Thursday, June 11, 2009

#261-What would you do?

Woohoo hubby picked up our 'new' bathroom today! Some assembly required! Ok a WHOLE lot of assembly required! So what did we do put a couple of pieces together and stared at it??? There is a good use of our time! :)

So here's the thing. I get a lot of folks who a) said you Had another one after twins? then then continue on to b) aren't you glad that your last one wasn't a twin? I am never really sure what to say to this since my last one was a twin too. I usually answer with 'actually she was a twin, but we had an early loss'. I think it makes people feel like crap when I say this but I just don't want to diminish the fact that my daughter is a twin too. (I must admit it does shut them up about the whole wow your busy thing!) I also feel like an impostor in the twin world given that mine were 'medically induced'. So it's just all very weird?? I don't know if I should just keep my mouth shut and say nothing or educate a few that maybe they shouldn't say that anymore. I would have been really tired and overworked but I sure would have rather had my daughters twin here with me.... I still see the little heart beat and the 2 sacs that were there the day we found out there was twins in there. I will never forget the next ultrasound when there was still two sacs, but one heart wasn't beating. :(

So what would you do? a) keep quiet or b)continue to make people feel bad unintentionally? Am I just being unintentionally nasty or do you think B is OK?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 6:37 a.m., June 11, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

I think I would feel compelled to answer the way you do too. I don't know if its the best solution or not but I know I would feel like you do about not forgetting the twin.

 
At 9:22 a.m., June 11, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I don't think you are being nasty at all, just expressing the truth and your heartfelt feelings. It's the people with their moronic comments that are nasty.

 
At 6:09 p.m., June 12, 2009, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

I don't think there is a right or wrong way to answer. Sometimes I answer honestly about infertility and other times I don't, because I just don't want to hear more questions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home