Tuesday, May 12, 2009

#243 - Mother's Day and other Stuff

I have been so exhausted these last few days I haven't had the energy to post. :(

As per usual my only joy on Mother's Day was spending time with my kiddos. My hubby can't seem to do anything with them for me on Mother's Day. No card, nothing. I thought maybe he could at least get them to colour me a picture or something? At least I am not disappointed as I wasn't expecting anything from him anyway. I know that when the kids are in school that I will get some kind of handmade something or another for Mother's Day. I guess I just need to be patient! :) Until then I will just enjoy my little monkeys.

I didn't get to sleep in on Mother's Day (which I could have actually used) since I made plans (stupid me) for my hubby to go dig out some trees for our yard. He was kind enough to let me sleep until the last moment since he knew that I was up late working on my contract work.

I ended up spending the day with my kids planting trees, we had fun. I also went with a buddy to fill up our new water tank so we could water our new trees. That was an adventure (as is everything around here it seems! LOL). We have a water filling station about 2 acreages over, unfortunately you need a card to use it so we had to drive all the way into the city to fill the tank! (Needless to say I arranged to get a card today!) My friend and I went and picked up supper too so we would get food. My parents 'graced' (*insert sarcasm here*) us with their presence about 10 minutes before the kids bed time. (They love to show up just before bed time and get the kids all wound up... idiots!) I think my mother was pissed that we didn't do anything for her for Mother's Day. Well if ya can't help us out with the kids then we need the time to get stuff around our own house done when we are both actually home together stupid woman! I wonder when she will figure out that the world doesn't actually revolve around her? I gave her a handmade card and a gift and she didn't even say anything nice about the card, what a waste!

I must admit I am glad that I only had to see her for a brief moment as it didn't give her enough time to ruin my day! That would have been hard though as I really enjoyed planting seedlings with the kiddos! We planted 15 trees and have another 45 to go! That should keep me out of trouble for a while!

-----

Monday was another busy day. It was the second day of my course. I couldn't believe how well it went. I thought that a Friday/Monday class would suck but it went really well. The days off in between gave folks some time to absorb information I suppose! I am really pleased with how the class went. I spent a lot of time re-arrange it and it was worth wile! I get to see the course eval comments after so I always strive to improve on things. One of the things I have noticed is that I usually don't get the highest score for presenting a clear course outline. I was trying to figure out what to do so I decided to review it at the start of Day2... wooollllaaa all of a sudden I get the highest score possible? Whatever as long as it works! Under the Instructor section all of the participants marked me at the highest score possible for all categories! It was my first time I was SO EXCITED! Day2 went well and it showed! Can you tell I was happy?

As a result of the great class and the great day with my kids I had one of those 'moments' on the way home. The one where life is truly good. The only thing I would change is working less and sleeping more other than that things are as good as they could get. It's all because of my kids and the journey through infertility. Yes infertility has changed me but the changes have made me a stronger person and my kids have helped me to figure out what's most important in life. I love these moments, moments of clarity and true happiness. I am not sure I would be able to embrace life in this way if it wasn't for the journey I have taken. Because of my children I left a job that was not making me happy and finally followed my original goal of teaching and I am starting to learn some of the in's and outs (I have a long way to go but I think I am going in the right direction). Because of my children my house is no longer the deafening quiet that it used to be, I hated that silence! Because of my children I feel more loved than I have ever felt. Because of my children I finally feel like part of a family. Because of infertility I appreciate my children more than I think I would have if I hadn't fought so hard to bring them home. Because of infertility they found ovarian cancer before it was too late. Because of infertility I now understand what emotional pain is and that I am strong enough to fight on. Because of infertility I am stronger person and have more self confidence. Because of infertility I got to experience twins (not sure if this is such a good thing! :)) Because of infertility I had to step outside my comfort zone and find out that it's ok. Because of all the changes in my life I have met the most amazing people and have been able to experience true happiness and joy...

Oh ya and last night I got to hang out and help out with a class on the Cricut machine, lots of fun and great people too!

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- when Boy#1 gets up late the days I work and extra early the day after I work! :)

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- new glasses... got them today! No more glued frames!

KIDDO NOTES
Well as for an update on potty training Boy#2 seems to be almost there during the day. It is nice to have one less kiddo that soils diapers frequently. Boy#1 is a pain when it comes to potty training. I suppose he will do it when he is darn good and ready. He won't try to do either 'business' in the potty. It is truly maddening. I think it's kind of like when you are thirsty in the desert and you see a mirage, only to find out it's just more sand, kind of maddening! :)

Hubby went and got 6 trees this weekend, two that were over 8 feet tall! Well the boys wanted to help dig holes for the trees and fill them in. Well I tell you they are hard little workers. They had their snow shovels (which they may need tomorrow as it's currently snowing... WTF?) and they were helping dig! Mostly they were just in the way but they were having a good time. They want to be just like Dad. Talk about 2 dirty little boys when we were done! Baby was just a wandering soul. She just goes, we have to watch her like a hawk as I am sure she would just wander off. She doesn't really care what anyone else is doing she just wants to do her own thing. She really liked the pine cones so she was inspecting all the ones around our yard!

Boy#1 wished me a Happy Mother's Day, it was so sweet! (According to my mother SHE was teaching them that on Friday... she teaches them everything they know apparently? Not bad considering she is barely ever here?) She had the kids out on Friday, she put Baby in the swing that was FULL of bird poop and so was the tray where she puts her hands. I am thinking that poop is not the thing I want the kids to play with. I can't believe she didn't wipe it off first. GROSS! My hubby was mortified!

With that I am off to bed!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 6:45 a.m., May 13, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

Glad you are getting into the swing of things with the teaching.

What kind of trees are you planting?

 
At 9:08 a.m., May 13, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

((Hugs)) Happy Mother's Day, dear friend.
I would love to have my husband EXPLAIN the concept of Mother's day to your husband. GRRR!!

 
At 11:09 a.m., May 13, 2009, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

The little handmade gifts will be the best...trying to be positive, here!

What is it with our mom's not appreciating anything? This is why I opted for flowers, no extra time or energy put into something she won't later appreciate.

 
At 12:47 p.m., May 13, 2009, Anonymous sky girl said...

How disappointing that your hubs didn't step up for Mother's Day. That sucks. Next year buy yourself a little something and wrap it up. Maybe he'll get the hint?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home