Sunday, May 10, 2009

#242 - Happy Mother's Day and thoughts on Mother's Day after infertility

Happy Mothers day to all that are mothers and those that should be but are still waiting their turn.

Mother's Day is a bittersweet celebration around here. I am thankful for making it to the other side of IF treatments but it is also a harsh reminder of the 11 Mothers' Days that passed before finding success in our IF journey.

I like to think of this day as a celebration of making it through years of infertility but also I like to reflect on the past and what it took us to get here. I also like to think of all those who are struggling with infertility and pray that some day no one has to suffer through IF at all.

As with all things infertility this day too has changed for me to become something much more powerful than just celebrating motherhood.

So to all a Happy Mother's day and if you are still waiting you are in my thoughts and prayers.


OTHER STUFF
Well I have been trying to post for three days but work has gotten the better of me.

Thursday night I worked and got home very late (there was a class and the young gal from the 'entitlement' generation would not stay for me so that I could go home and go to bed). I didn't get home until after 11pm. (Oh did I mention that 'entitlement' gal needs more money an shifts, only weekdays though, because she is done school and needs the money!) 5:30am came really early on Friday! Friday morning started out with a dead battery in my truck (good thing I just registered my car the day before). Then it was off to teach a class (in which one Lady kept complaining I was going to fast, so I explained that I would help her at breaks and lunch as I have to teach to the middle of the road). I spent a half hour after class helping her out and she still told me I need to slow down on day 2 (which will be Monday!) I told her she may want to do some review of the topics we will be covering as we will be going faster to get through all the material.

After the kids went to bed on Friday I started working on my contract work. I complied my application and it was only running 'some' code on my test machine. I was up way to late trying to figure out what the heck was going on. There really was no point going to bed as my brain would have just kept going anyway so I decided to try to be somewhat productive.

Saturday morning it was off to my other job. Guess what I forgot my key! I had to turn around half way there and come home. I usually like to be there early just to relax for 5 minutes before we start. We only had 2 people working (we usually have 3). So it was BUSY, especially since I was working with our newest staff member! To add to my annoyance I had left some stuff for the Friday people to do (more entitlement folks) and guess what it was still there on Saturday. In addition we had no paper for our printers and I needed to print instructions out for a lady. The gals had used up all the till tapes and 2 of them ran out and they didn't bother to restock under the counter so I had to go searching. They also never bothered to enter kits that were supposed to be entered (and someone wanted those too since they were in the email that went out). Needless to say I was not in a good mood to start and it just got better. Usually I don't get pissed off at that job, but yesterday was not the case.

I came home exhausted and I should have gone to bed but I was bound and determined to figure out what the heck was going on with the program I developed and would not run in the runtime version. (I was nattering nasty words at Micr.soft no wonder it wasn't working! LOL). So I was up half the night last night too! Finally I found something on-line that discusses a Mi.cros.oft BUG!) So after spending 2 nights trying to figure out what was happening I can actually blame Mi.cros.oft! AT LEAST THEY COULD PUBLISH THEIR KNOW BUGS! I started looking on-line after I tried a couple of things but it took me two days and a gazillion types of searches to find out about it, and it wasn't from MSoft it was from a news group! ARG! So I managed to get about half the system tested last night, so I am at least on my way! Did I mention how much I hate msoft today??? (and last night and the night before!) LEARN HOW TO TEST YOUR CRAP DUDES! (and dudettes!) OK I feel better now! LOL

So today I didn't get to sleep in as hubby was going to dig out trees with a friend. I am beyond exhausted so I am going to bed early TONIGHT!

Have a good day.

2 Comments:

At 10:50 a.m., May 10, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

Doesn't that entitlement attitude just irk the crap out of you?

Happy Mother's Day!

 
At 1:29 p.m., May 10, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Hope you get some rest. Happy Mother's Day each and everyday, S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home