Wednesday, May 06, 2009

#241 - A little bit of fun for me!

Well my hubby and I got our dinner out together tonight. (Now don't get too excited!) Hubby went to get his eyes checked (sans kids) tonight. We were a bit early so we sat at McDonald's and waited, since we were hungry we had some 'dinner'. (What is it with that place it always smells the same, not sure if that is a good thing?) Well anyway I guess that was our anniversary dinner. Happy 15 years hunny and thanks for buying me dinner! The sad thing was it was actually nice to be out together, even if it was McD's at Walmart! How pathetic are we? I really need to find a babysitter! (Oh ya we dropped the kids off at my parents. They are so bad when it comes to potty training, they didn't ask the kids once and they were all 'dirty' when we got there... Lovely!)

So what was my little bit of fun? When I should have been testing the application that I built I was working on the birthday invites for my kiddo's birthday! I will have to put some samples up when I am done! I was playing around with the creative memories software and as software picky as I am (trust me I am picky, it's that whole Systems Development background, everything annoys me! LOL) and I must say even I am impressed. I started making some really cool invites (I was going to do the paper ones but I figured I wouldn't have time) If I didn't have so many tools already I could sure see getting into digital scrapbooking again! This tool rocks! I had so much fun even if it only was for a little while! (Now if only they would build a MAC version!)

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- my mother
- waiting for someone at the optical and some b*tch budded in front of us so it took an extra 20 minutes! I really need to use my OUTSIDE voice when this happens and speak up. There is a dude at this place that can pick glasses out. He knows his stock and he knows what looks good on you. I made him check out the ones we picked for my hubby! LOL
- installing the run time version of an application I built and finding bugs that don't come up in the development version. ARG! :)

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- having great kids today (hmm they must have been possessed by aliens for the day... oooo mr. aliens please come back tomorrow)
- finding out they screwed up my schedule for the next semester teaching... I get one lonely excel course and I no longer have to teach in July. (the bad thing is I have to teach 4 weeks in a row in September! Yikes!)
- Mr. Aliens please come baaaaack tomorrow I rather like what you did with the kids today!
- Getting all the photos 'stuck' in Baby's album up to the end of December... this was my plan to have done by this November so I am so excited!

KIDDO NOTES
Yup it was a good day! Potty training with Boy#2 has been going so well (until grandma's house) so I guess tomorrow we will get back at it. Boy#1 still has no interest, he doesn't even want to sit on the potty, I have to figure out what motivates that child!

Our ex-house pest(guest) stopped by today and Baby didn't freak out... the boys were happy to see him too (It's much more enjoyable to visit when we know he isn't staying! LOL)

Off to bed I go. Good night!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:11 a.m., May 07, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Happy 15th Anniversary to you and Dh!!

 
At 4:55 p.m., May 07, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

Happy 15th Anniversary. We will be celebrating our 15th anniversary this year too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home