Wednesday, March 11, 2009

#189 - Just another day at home!

Well the sun was out today... now we just have to wait for things to warm up a bit! I was bad today and had an afternoon nap! I really wanted to scrapbook, but I was so tired. It is amazing how tired one can get after talking for 7 hours! It's pretty bad when I can't work two days in a row without being exhausted. These days my 'part time' jobs seem to be adding up and making me feel like I am working full time. I keep hoping things will slow down, ha ha ha! I think I need to let go of that silly notion.

I am not doing so well at keeping the house in tip top shape these days it does bother me as I am a bit of a clean freak, but I am really trying to let some of it go!

Tonight was my night to go to the monthly twins club meeting. I really wanted to go as there was a speaker that I wanted to see. She is a psychologist, not what you would expect as a psychologist either. She is funny to listen to and she also has twins from IVF after suffering from infertility. She deals a lot with kids that have been in trouble or are in trouble and she has GREAT parenting tips. She is a no-nonsense kind of gal and also spent some time as a High School teacher. Her ideas for dealing with kids sound very practical and she has seen the results of many parenting techniques that don't work as part of her job.

I tell my friends with my kids I believe you are either going to pay now or pay later, so I figure you might as well 'nip things in the bud' from the beginning. I am also a believer that NO means NO, not maybe or bug me till it becomes yes. Well it is kind of nice to know that the psychologist said pretty much the same thing. It's good to have some reinforcement that what you are doing is on the right track. Sometimes due to all the screaming around here when the kids don't like when we take their toys away because they are being bad I wonder if all the noise is worth it. It gave me hope that it will be some day and it also made me realize that it's probably going to go on for a lot longer! :) Apparently it's all about pushing the boundaries when you get right down to it, never really thought about it that way, but knowing the why will definitely make it easier to hang in there! She is also a firm believer in time for MOM... and who can complain about that one, no wonder I like her so much!

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- unseasonably cold weather!
- dirty floors
- needing a nap when I want to go scrapbook

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- knowing that I seem to come up with things that are recommended by professionals when it comes to raising kids
- getting out just for fun

KIDDO NOTES
Ohh poor baby was grumpy today. She was crying a lot today, something she never does. So that tells me that it's either those last 2 teeth on the top that are peeking through or she is getting sick. Poor little monkey. I hope those teeth are the problem and they hurry up and stop bugging her. Although she likes it when I hold her so I am not complaining about that part anyway. I just hope that she isn't in too much pain with her teeth.

The boys were pretty good today, just the usual stuff so it was a good day. They are so chatty right now it's hard to keep track of what they are saying though. They seem to be getting faster and harder to understand, it's like everything just get's mushed together. Some days I just look at them and wonder where they get some stuff from and how they can spit it out so fast. Then of course baby joins in and who the heck knows what she is saying? The boys apparently, as they tune me in!

I am already dreading the day when they head off to school, I am going to miss them so much!

Good Night!

3 Comments:

At 9:25 a.m., March 12, 2009, Anonymous Kristin said...

That speaker sounds great!

 
At 6:56 p.m., March 12, 2009, Anonymous Not Yet A Vet said...

Just saying hi. :) Glad to hear things have been going well. I love listening to kids talk. They come up with the best things to say!

 
At 8:11 p.m., March 12, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Of course, the professional agrees with your parenting style, You are Wonderful!!
When the kids start school, you all will be ready, it will be sad for a day or two, but you will actually enjoy it and more importantly, so will they.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home