Wednesday, February 11, 2009

#162 - I suck at awards!

My dear Martha gave me two awards so I thought I better do something about them!

The first one is the Honest Scrap Award:


The rules:
Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. Then, list at least 10 honest things about yourself.


As for the 10 Things:
1. My very first day of High School I barfed on my desk. (Can you say humiliation?)
2. I am sad that I had my tubes tied and angry that my Husband doesn't understand
3. I love to bake
4. I lived in Atlanta for 6 months
5. I wish I had more energy to share with my kids
6. I am terrified of spiders, no matter how tiny they are
7. I have 'issues' with all things public bathroom related
9. I have way to much craft stuff
10. I am a TV junkie (only I have had to cut back as I only watch after the kiddos go to bed!)

I would like to invite Sky Girl, Infertility Licks, My New Reality, Mothering My Multiple Miracles to play along in the Honest Scrap pile.



The next delightful Award is from The Jason Show, a warm and witty blogger who always brings a smile. Thank you, Jason for The Lemonade Stand Award. (Does this mean I make lemonade out of lemons?)



Here are the rules for The Lemonade Stand Award:
1. You must link back to the person you received the award from.
2. You have to nominate 10 bloggers who are deserving of this award!

All of the folks that read me, you are the "pause that refreshes", please consider yourself tagged! :)

THE REGULAR STUFF
I started working on my inventory today, so I can get my taxes done on time this year. Usually I don't worry about it but I am afraid that I may have to pay this year. (I make almost nothing and I may have to pay... great! Gotta love Canada!) I usually don't worry about getting them done on time unless I may have to pay! :)

I was talking to my high maintenance friend today (the one that wants me to redo a birth announcement, again, for her 1 year old!). Well man does she have hubby issues, granted she is high maintenance, but this guy is a real *ss! Why is it that people think that having a baby will 'fix' their marriage? She really has issues and she is passing them all onto that poor sweet girl of hers. *sigh* (and it only took them about 3 cycles to get pregnant... sheesh! What is up with Mother Nature??)

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- I forgot to tape lost 2 weeks in a row
- Finding time to find out what's happening next on Hero's (I am still looking at Novembers episodes!)

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- clean teeth
- being nominated for awards from blogger buddies :)

KIDDO NOTES

Baby was busy climbing on stuff again today! She was up on the boys train table when I walked into the living room. Boy1 was 'ratting' her out! She likes to climb up on the little stool the boys have to turn on their lights or pretty much anything she can get onto.

Boy1 just loves to tattle on anyone. I was in the bathroom and he came running to the door saying "Daddy bad". I am not sure what hubby was doing but Boy1 thought he was being bad!

As for the Potty Training, it is still going better for Boy2. If only we could get him pooping in the potty too. Hubby keeps getting mad when he poops in the potty, what an idiot! Arg! I keep trying to tune hubby in! I can't imagine what his house was like when he grew up?

Good Night

"Shun idleness. It is a rust that attaches itself to the most brilliant metals." - Voltaire

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:51 a.m., February 12, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Thank you so much for playing along! You Do Not Suck at awards, you did GREAT. Must be something going around, my Dh is a major grump. I am repelled yet somewhat fascinated by high maintenance people.

 
At 4:16 p.m., February 12, 2009, Anonymous sky girl said...

Thanks for the nod! :) I'll do my best to play along.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home