Sunday, January 18, 2009

#138 - Wait! Stop! Give me back my weekend!

Wow this weekend just flew by!  These one day weekends with my hubby really suck!  I thought it would be easier to have a part time job when hubby was home to look after the kids, but I guess it isn't all it's cracked up to be.  I feel guilty going off to work one day a weekend but I am with the Kiddos all week so it's not as if I am abandoning them every day, so why does it feel that way?

It was a lovely day here... 8 degrees above freezing.  I was outside with my coat undone, and I really wanted to take it off as the sun was so warm!  It was a great morning to be outside!  I was going to scrapbook this after noon but all the fresh air led me to have a nap with the kiddos.

I have a meeting tomorrow where I teach.  I asked my mom a while ago if she would come watch the kiddos for 2 hours for me.  She said it depended on the roads.  Well I waited all day for her to call, NOTHING.  So I decided to call her (bad idea).  Not an effing word about tomorrow.  The roads are like summer driving, and it's not like we live in the boonies either.  It's supposed to be sunny and another warm one tomorrow, so there is no chance of a winter storm.  Well she decided that she won't drive in the winter now.  (doesn't matter what the road conditions are apparently.  seriously it doesn't get any better than this in the summer either!)  I told her it's like summer driving out there... she said she doesn't drive in the winter  (I guess this is her new thing, along with the breathing issues???).  So I said I guess I need to find another babysitter... she agreed.  So now IF I can find someone there goes half my wage now.  She said she would help me in the summer (lot of good that does A) I don't teach in the summer and B) she is to busy in the summer camping)  One effing day this month I asked her to come over for 2 hours and she does this!  She is the biggest spoiled baby I have ever met!  I really want to cut this woman out of my life, if only it was that easy!

House guest is still here... hopefully leaving for the week on Tuesday.

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- talking to my mother Sunday night
- my ucky house
- my house guest, and he's not even that annoying... what is wrong with me?

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- a good friend that 'gets it'
- spending the day with my family

KIDDO NOTES
Well Baby doesn't like the house guest that much... so why does she say hi to him all day then?  I guess she likes the sound of his name?  She has learned Holly Mole-y (dad-ism) and likes that one too.  She is bound and determined to Hop these days.  She still isn't the greatest walking but she wants to hop and run!  She used to hop on one foot and keep the other one firmly planted on the ground, she would go around in a circle & hop!  Now she has graduated to two feet.  It's funny to watch her try and she will only do it on carpet, in case she falls I suppose. 

Dad asks her if she is his Sweetie Pie, she says "YES".  I think she will figure out how to work the system at an early age! :)  After her bath tonight I was sitting watching her walk around, with her cute pink housecoat with butterfly wings on the back (awww).  Well anyway I was sitting in amazement looking at this little creature learning to walk.  There is nothing like watching a child grow and learn new things.  I remember when the boys started walking, I still couldn't believe they were in our life, now that old feeling is coming back.  She is a little person now, walking, talking (and talking and talking and talking...) so much for my little baby.

Boy2 is doing well on the potty, except the Poop part.  He sits there and repeats "Poop coming out" over and over and over and over, but nothing happens.  Hopefully soon he will get the hang of it!  I hung a hotwheels car beside his 'star' and his brothers 'star' chart.  I said when they poop they can have their car.  I am hoping that provides some incentive to the two of them.  I keep asking Boy1 what I need to do to get him to pee in the potty.  (Blank stare.... not quite comprehending the words mom is throwing at him!  LOL)  Then he decided a gummy bear would be good, but no luck!

Poor Boy1 today, he got the brunt of moms lack of coordination. First he was in the snow, screaming because he couldn't move around (waist deep for him).  So I picked him up to take him back to the path we plowed, he didn't like that either and started squirming.  Well all the squirming led to mom accidently dropping him in the snow, he was NOT happy with me.  I picked him up, apologized and gave him a big hug.  (the neighbours are going to think we are beating the kids for sure now!)  A while later I was playing with the boys and throwing snow at them.  No problem right!  Well I missed and accidently filled the poor kids ear with snow!  More hugs from mom and appologies, then there was no more playing for mom, I was afraid I may burry one in the snow by accident!  Sheesh and I wasn't even mad at him either! Well if he has snow issues when he grows up, I will no why! :)  (Karma's a b*tch anyway, it got me back for the dropping.  I went to start the skido and went flying into hard packed snow, instant headache and sore neck!  LOL!)

Good night!

6 Comments:

At 6:21 a.m., January 19, 2009, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

Wow, I can't believe your mom won't come over to see (not babysit) her grandkids. Seeing your grandkids should never seem like a chore.

I'm stealing your gummy bear idea (as soon as A finally uses the potty she'll get a gummy bear - her absolutely favorite treat)

 
At 9:08 a.m., January 19, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your potty training is going ok as well. My boy 1 is also the hesitant one. Maybe it's a boy 1 thing.

Twinmommy2boys
www.apositivesign.blogspot.com

 
At 10:51 a.m., January 19, 2009, Anonymous rachael (rachael marie photography) said...

i am feeling kind of blech too...i think it is this freezing cold weather!

 
At 11:56 a.m., January 19, 2009, Anonymous Danifred said...

Sorry about your mom- it seems like she keeps giving you one blow after another! That stinks!
I love your daughter's new phrase "hole-y mole-y," at least it's not something she shouldn't have said or heard :)

 
At 2:00 p.m., January 19, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Too bad your mom doesn't get it, hope the annoyance factor goes away soon.
The kids are busy, busy, busy.

 
At 4:55 p.m., January 19, 2009, Anonymous Kelly said...

As someone who has dealt with mom issues and a lot of father-in-law/sister-in-law issues, I can relate and appreciate your feelings. Your mom is making you crazy - and this might be impacting your marriage too. If it was me I wouldn't bother asking her for anything - no baby sitting, no joining us for events/dinner/etc. That way you are not disappointed by her lack of efforts. It is her loss and unfortunately we seem to care more than they do that they are not spending time with our kids.

I had to give them back that responsibility. This is hard to do, but it has made it easier for me to deal with these issues now.

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home