Friday, January 16, 2009

#136 - Friday!

It's Friday!  Yipee!  I think?  Since I have to work tomorrow!  Lucky us we have our house guest this weekend.  Our homeless friend.  He actually had a home for a couple of months, then unfortunately he was laid off.   He spent his week trying to get temp work and find a job, living down town (yikes).  I really feel for the guy, but he kind of invited himself this weekend.  I really don't know what to do.  I don't want to kick the guy out, so I am just praying that he finds a full time job VERY soon.  He has managed to kick a drug habit so I hope he gets cut some slack soon in the job department.  (The extra benefit is of course for us! So really I guess it's about me! :) )  I am just very uncomfortable when he is here.  He does try to help out where he can which is nice. 

I DE-Christmased this evening!  I am happy to have all our decorations put away (although if it's like other years, I am sure I forgot something!)  I also managed to put everything back in one less storage container?  Not sure how that happened but I am glad that I am finding more space!

Bittersweet, I sold my 2 baby car seats this week. So glad to get them out of the house and get a little cash however I really wish I could have used one of them one more time.  This means I get to get rid of one more car seat box too!  More room in the storage area.

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- feeling like I have no choice but to have a house guest
- not having enough money (I know we are never happy no matter what we have right!)
- hope the house guest doesn't get up at 3am to go out for a smoke (and wake me up) tonight
- what's up with the 10cents a litre jump at the gas pumps... oil is low right now?

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- getting the Xmas decorations cleaned up!
- making it through another week with the kiddos! :)
- hearing that everyone made it out safely after the plane crash on the hudson river! (I want that pilot flying my plane!)

KIDDO NOTES
It was a bit challenging around here today.  Boy1 was in his, if Boy2 has it I want it mood today!  There was a lot of yelling and screaming by the boys today.  Boy1 has a bit of a temper and he is stubborn too.(mom looks away... I guess my genes are the issue here! :) )   Boy2 will go to his room, and scream, until he calms down.  Thank goodness that he will stay in his room to calm down, or I may go crazy!  They were good for an hour this morning when Baby was napping, so I took advantage and got some scrapbooking done!  :)  (At this rate, one page per day, I will never get caught up!  LOL!)

Baby was really good today!  She is my little monkey!  She plays so well on her own, she also loves to drive her brother's crazy.  Boy1 was chasing her around giving her hugs today.  She just giggles and plays along.  He also likes to 'tease' her with a toy just to get her to chase him around! (We are working on the NO teasing around here, but it's not going so well.  Where do they learn this stuff?)  I must admit it is funny to watch her say his name and chase him around the house!  So far we have managed to keep her from climbing in her doll house again.  She is sticking to the couches these days! 

The boys were some kind of loud today.  They just don't like to talk quietly!  My hubby and I weren't sure if they were louder than usual or it was just us?  I sent them on a hunt to find any Xmas decorations I have missed, but they just yelled from other rooms!  It was nice once they were in bed, peace and quiet! 

After the years of IF, I used to hate peace and quiet.  I always thought the quiet was a nasty reminder of what should be there.  I was a reminder there were no children in our house.   I do love that our house is full of kiddo noises all day now.  I do enjoy the few hours of peace when they are sleeping, finally I like peace and quiet.  Thanks kiddos for giving me back my peace and quiet.  Hugs from mom!

Good night

3 Comments:

At 4:43 a.m., January 17, 2009, Anonymous sky girl said...

It's hard to have a houseguest. You just don't feel like your house is your own. Hope he gets a job (and home!) soon.

 
At 8:18 a.m., January 17, 2009, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I like peace and quiet, also the noise of happy kids playing. I dislike houseguests that invite themselves.

 
At 6:30 a.m., January 19, 2009, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

I'm glad I'm not the only slacker who just finished taking down Christmas decorations. We had the inside done, just not the outside. Where is the time?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home