Saturday, November 22, 2008

#98 - 3 days down and one to go!

Only one more day left in the training course I am taking!  Next Saturday!  Then if I pass I am done!  We had our first 'practice' teaching session today.  We were scored out of 5 in 4 categories and our passing grade is a 3 in each of the 4 categories.  I got a 5 out of 5 in each category (ok Mr. Instructor, no one is perfect, were you really paying attention?) 

After our practice the instructor does a one on one with each student.  He seemed almost surprised at how well I did.  I guess I look younger than I am and more confused than I actually was.  I did a short 15 minute lesson on 'how to crop a photo into a circular shape'.  I was worried it would not take 15minutes but I guess I was pretty much dead on. (Not bad for not watching the clock! :))  I was quite surprised that I received a 5 out of 5 in each area, I guess I really need to give myself more credit!  (We had the marking guide so I ensured that I covered all the points in the guide.  I made sure I picked something I really knew well so that I could cover all the 'stuff' I was supposed to!)

One of the gentleman did a lesson on how to fold laundry!  He made it interesting, who knew laundry could be interesting?

It was a good day and I will be glad to be done next Saturday... although not totally done as I am taking the next level as well (assuming a full enrollment in the next course!)

Christmas is going to be here WAY before I am ready for it this year!

Oh yes and I also was out 'crafting' on Friday night... made some cute little stamped pictures with our family name and all the people in our family.  I also made one for my parents and my in-laws.  I also decided I am going to make them for the rest of the family for Christmas (because I have so much spare time!)  They are just so cute and fun to make!

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- freezing rain
- EARLY mornings
- people who don't pay attention

THINGS THAT I LIKE
- getting a 5 out of 5 in every category in my practice teaching
- playing with my kids when I get home
- as always... hugs!
- supper already when I get home and vacuuming all done!

KIDDO NOTES
Baby 'tooted' today (when I wasn't home *sniff*) and she immediately said Pardon Me.  It's so amazing what she picks up from her Brothers.  I knew all that watching since she came home would eventually lead to something.  Maybe I won't have to teach her as much as the boys?  HA HA!

Boy1 is becoming quite the character, between the funny faces, and the (what seems to be) insightful comments he keeps us all on his toes.  It amazes me how he is starting to put things together, recognizing related things and coming to conclusions based on a related item.  Sometimes I have to remember he is only 3 and try not to over explain things.  One day my mother was over and I said I wasn't feeling good and needed to sit down before I passed out.  The kids kind of looked at me all confused, so grandma says "mom is sick".  I suppose being detail oriented is good for lesson planning but not so good when explaining things to a 3 year old! :)

Boy2 is trying the smile and hug technique now to get himself out of trouble!  I guess they are both pretty smart.  He does have amazing empathy for a 3 year old though.  If mom is sick, then mom must need a hug.  If Boy1 stepped on mom and gave her an boo boo, then Boy2 comes to the rescue with a kiss and hug!  He is also very concerned about what Baby does!

I have truly been given a gift, or in this case 3 gifts.  They are mine to cherish, nurture and enjoy.  I truly believe that anyone who really wants to be a mother should not be denied this joy, as with most other things in life, until you experience it you can not fully understand it.

Before I go for the night... it's hard to believe it has been 2 yearssince we found out our daughters twin passed away.  We never knew you,and only briefly saw your little heart beat, but you are always in ourhearts and in our thoughts.  Blowing a kiss through the heavens to oursweet angel.


Good night

2 Comments:

At 8:01 a.m., November 23, 2008, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Congratulations on the course, I think you deserve a 5 out of 5, Of Course!!
So sorry about your daughter's twin, ((Hugs)).
Thank you for stopping by my blog, I voted against Proposition 8, live and let live is my motto. Thanks again, Silver!

 
At 7:03 p.m., November 23, 2008, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

Sending you peace as you reflect on your lost baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home