Friday, November 28, 2008

#101 - Whatever!

What an interesting afternoon!  It all started with an email regarding the teaching that I do part time.  I was supposed to write up 3 course for them before the new year.  Well apparently they changed their minds, however they didn't tell me that.  Good thing I didn't get too much done or I would have been very angry!  I was supposed to get paid to do it too. Arrrgg!  I am kind of glad I don't have to do it now, but I would have been seriously ticked off if I had it done already!

Then there was the mail.  A while ago we had a friends dad (bad idea), a supposed electrician, come and do some work for us.  Well I asked him a zillion times for an estimate (none of course), and when we got the bill we were surprised at the amount.  Well we just got the total to start so I asked for details.  Well to make a short story long, this guy charged us for a switch we had already, for 60 feet of cable, when our garage is 35feet long (he charged us for 60 feet 3 times), and so on and so forth.  Oh he did give us a deal on the labour rate but he wasn't there half of what he charged us for, so in the end it wasn't much of a deal.  Well anyway I sent him a cheque for the amount we were owing.  (after some difficulties getting the details of the bill).  I also included a letter, it wasn't nasty, but I decided to point a few things out that really pissed me off.  Well today we received mail back from him, with a nasty note, revised bill aaaaannd our cheque ripped up.  (Well if he was so pissed off why didn't he just cash the cheque?)  It also happens to be around $200 instead of the original $600 of the previous bill.  WTF?  I don't imagine his daughter will ever talk to me again... whatever!

THINGS THAT BUG ME
- the idiot 'supposed' electrician
- cleaning up barf
- having no time to get anything done
- freezing rain
- having to go to a course tomorrow
- job #2 not telling me I didn't have to write up the course materials after they asked me to

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
- job #1
- not having to do any extra work for job #2
- not being busy with job #3 right now
- making cards... I managed to get a couple done today!  I will have to post pics one of these days!

KIDDO NOTES

Lucky me, woke up to Boy2 screaming as he just threw-up this morning (and Boy1 telling me he was smelling it... ??? weird kid)

Baby and Boy1 were really good today.  Boy2 gets so grumpy when he is sick (it's either a male thing or genetic from his father... I am just a whiner when I am sick!  LOL)

I missed supper as I was at work, bummer, as boy2 managed to get sick all over himself/dad/ and baby!  Gross!

(I almost joined the barf club the last one I cleaned up... I am such a gagger.  I even had to leave the really nasty stuff for the hubby to clean up when he got home from work.  I guess I owe him now! :) )

Good night!

3 Comments:

At 6:07 a.m., November 29, 2008, Anonymous Jamie said...

I am assuming that you teach online for various schools. I'm doing that too and I'd love to chat with you about it a bit.

Send me an email at stickyfeet2 at gmail dot com

:)

 
At 10:58 a.m., November 29, 2008, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

Yuck to the throw up, I hope all your kiddos are feeling much better today.

 
At 11:15 a.m., November 29, 2008, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Wow, sorry for the barf festival and the Big Jerk electrician. We have learned the hard way, never ask friends or relatives to do work, always ends badly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home