Friday, October 24, 2008

#85 - Bittersweet

Well this is my last sleep at the inlaws before we go. It's one of
those things were you are glad to be going home but sad to be
leaving. You just never know who will be around the next time we make
it out this way.

I always feel guilty for all the things that drive me absolutley
insane when it's time to leave. (well except the flushing thing)

I doubt they will ever come out to see us at our house, which makes it
even harder on us as we know we will only see them when we can afford
to come here. We haven't actually taken a vacation, a non family
visiting vacation that is, in many years as we know the hubbys family
isn't getting any younger. I know that down the road we will be happy
that we came here instead of taking a "real" vacation. The kids are
really not at a great age for sightseeing yet anyway, I just hope
that they will get a chance to get to know their grandparents over the
years.

Things that tick me off
- saying goodbye
- crying when saying goodbye, I hate being emotional!!!
- not taking more pictures

Things that I love
- my kids

Kiddo notes
Went and dipped baby feet in the lake today, I just had to get a pic!
It was windy and cool and she was not happy!

Went to get a family picture today, asked Boy1 to sit beside grampy,
what does he say, "Boy1 no like Grampy". I could have killed him!
Boy2 sat beside Grampy, thank goodness, I was almost afraid to ask!
Poor grampy! (I just hope Grampy doesnt take it personaly)

Sent from my iPhone

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:26 p.m., October 24, 2008, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Boy1 cracks me up, my Grandpa used to scare me because of his mustache. Best Wishes for a Safe trip!

 
At 11:24 p.m., October 24, 2008, Anonymous Kristin said...

Have a safe trip home.

 
At 8:13 p.m., October 25, 2008, Anonymous Rumour Miller said...

I can sooo relate to this...

The only way my kids will know hubs side of the family is if we go there. At least his parents have made a few trips and we hope will make a few more.

 
At 11:45 p.m., October 25, 2008, Anonymous Michelle said...

I hope you have a safe trip home.

 
At 4:05 p.m., October 26, 2008, Anonymous Demeter said...

Hi Soralis,
I am back into the blogsphere. I also created a new blog to start again. My second child is about to be born so I am going to be off for a while. Hope you are doing well.
http://demeters2joys.blogspot.com/

Take care!
Demeter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home