Saturday, October 11, 2008

#75 - Oh crabby me!

I am at my wits end today..

Me: baby is high maintenance
MIL: (talking about baby) just wait till she's 14. Then she will want
a dress and shoes and YOU will get it for her.
Me: I don't think so
MIL: I bet you did that!
Me: no
MIL: oh I know only children you did
Me: (biting on tounge) actually my mom said I threw a fit over
something once so she left me there. I never did it again.
Me: (changed subject before I got really nasty).

I am sick of being dubbed an only child, ya I got extra stuff at
christmas but I never wanted or asked for any of it. I have worked
hard all my life and bought everything including my first car myself.
I have worked my summers since I was 12 years old, I babysat full
time. I have never been handed stuff just because I was an only
child! Arg, to this day my parents refuse to help me out.

Oh ya and the MIL told the hubby to go do what HE wants to today, so
off he went. I guess he has to do to much with the kids.

Things that tick me off
- assumptions about who I am
- feeling uncomfortable living the way I live
- my husband being totally unsupportive

Things that I love
- hugs from the kids
- naps with my boys

Kiddo notes
Man am I stupid, baby grumpy and clingy equals new teeth. She is
cutting 2 molars. Poor sweet girl. She was a little better today.
She is still obsessed with the moon, and can say Moon fairly clearly.
She is now using please to ask for things. She is so much more
advanced with her speach than the boys were at that age. She has a
new obsession today, apple, and I think she says it more clearly than
the boys! Baby is into spinning today as well, she lies on her back on
the floor and spins around.

Boy1 is finally starting to clear out, I think his constipation is
finally starting to clear up.

Boy2 is feeling better hopefully his cold is on the way out.

The boys got to see dad cut down a tree today, their first. Dad was
cutting firewood for granny & grampy today. He loves to cut down
trees. So we stood way back, just in case, I am a little paranoid.
Anyway the boys were all wide eyed watching. (I am sure granny wasn't
impressed as dad needed his time, but too bad!)

1 week down 2 to go. This is not my idea of a vacation.

Sent from my iPhone

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:11 p.m., October 11, 2008, Anonymous Danifred said...

Hang in there! Hopefully it'll be over before you know it.

 
At 7:50 p.m., October 11, 2008, Anonymous The Muser (aka Beautiful Mama) said...

Ugh. Sounds like a hard vacation! I hate it when people make assumptions about me too.

I loved reading about your daughter's love of the moon. One of my favorite parenting moments so far was when my little one fell in love with the moon. I wrote about it here: http://musings-musings-musings.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-baby-asked-for-moon.html

Good luck with the rest of your vacation!

 
At 6:47 a.m., October 12, 2008, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

What a smart little girl you have! I wish I could get my daughter to say please. Instead she points and does this scream/whine for what she wants.

I hope the next two weeks go fast for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home