Wednesday, September 24, 2008

#64 - 100 miles an hour with my hair on fire!

Yes today was one of those days where I felt like I was traveling at a 100 miles an hour with my hair on fire!

7:30am - Boys Up, and playing in their room
8:00am - Outta bed, into shower quickly
8:15am - out of the shower, dry off, do hair, get dressed, get cell and headset, dial husband
8:20am - Get boys changed and dressed
8:30am - Get Baby up (sound asleep, I hated to wake her),get her changed and dressed
8:45am - Start getting Breakfast ready, break up a fight over toys
9:00am - Get kids fed
9:15am - Go start car and let it warm up (brrr...), when I got back in the house Boy1 decided he should finish feeding Baby so we could get the show on the road.
9:20am - Finish feeding baby, comb everyone's hair, put on Baby's shoes and coat, get boys shoes and coats on, load into truck
9:27am - On the road
9:45am - Arrive a destination a little early, drive by old house, get a little sad about old house, sit for a few minutes and wait before going in to Rhymes & Story times.
10:00am - Rhymes & Story times, all three kids sat on me, FUN. There was supposed to be activities for the boys but there wasn't, not sure they would have left my side anyway.
11:10am - Load kids back up in car (all that for an hour... yesh!). Off to Walmart to get some stuff for vacation, and picked up halloween costumes for the kids!
12:30 - arrive home, get lunch ready
12:45 - serve kids a late lunch
1:10pm - Septic 'dude' arrives over to discuss tank placement. Ugg yet another issue! (Give Boy2 Spoon and beg him to feed baby... insert mess here!)
1:45pm - kids finish lunch
1:50pm - put up new shower curtain, change bums again...
2:00pm - put kids down for nap, tidy up a bit
2:20pm - work on course that I am teaching next week, send email to find out how many registered. (found out it's my biggest class yet, yikes)
4:00pm - find a place to stop with course, clean some things up for furnace cleaning tomorrow (yet another bill... yipee), get kids up
4:30pm - windows suck, wipe the condensation down
5:00pm - start supper, feed kids, clean-up, do dishes
6:30pm - friends come over for a card making night.
7:30pm - help put kids to bed
9:00pm - friends leave
9:30pm - catch up on blogs and TV
11:00pm - finally start blog post
??? - bed time!

So that about covers my day! Not to exciting!

THINGS THAT TICK ME OFF
- having to many things to do and not enough time
- getting old
- hairy legs - frick even waxing doesn't slow the stuff down
- wearing socks with holes to Rhymes & Storytimes (man I never even noticed when I put them on)
- boys that wake up before 8am! :)

THINGS THAT I LOVE
- crafts
- the smell of clean laundry
- the little old lady that tried to hold my daughter for me at Rhymes & Story times, little turkey wouldn't go for me though! :)
- my sleeping baby this morning
- comfy shoes
- a warm blanket
- my bloggy friends!

KIDDO NOTES

I still can't believe Boy1 decided to feed baby this morning when I went to start the truck. He got out of his booster seat and off he went. When I came back in he proclaimed "Boy1 feed Baby". (Not really sure what the 3rd person thing is all about but I guess he likes it?) He heard we were going out to meet new kids so he wanted to get the show on the road and I guess I wasn't going fast enough. I told him we couldn't go until Baby ate, so I guess he has problem solving skills already!

Boy1 is a little bossy though, telling his bother what to do. Today it was Boy2's turn instead. We were eating breakfast and he noticed that there was condensation on the kitchen window so he said "Mom clean window". He wasn't impressed when I said "No". I suppose if I had of put him on the counter with some paper towel he probably would have done it himself.

Boy1's favorite sayings right now are "wait for it". I guess that's a Mom-ism. For some reason he keeps using "Honey" a lot too, I suppose that's another Mom-ism.

Today we went to the Rhymes and Story times thing. Not really my cup of tea per say. I am not sure that the kids were into it either??? Boy2 sat on my leg and it was falling asleep, Baby and Boy1 were pretty much on my other leg. You just try and hide holy socks when you have three kids sitting on you and your legs are falling asleep. I was trying to stuff my feet under the kids but they weren't into that. They do this song at the beginning and you are supposed to introduce yourself, singing. (You have go to be kidding me... trust me on this one, I am so bad that I only sing if I can turn the radio up loud enough to drown myself out. I can't even stand it) Needless to say I spoke all our names, singing... ha ha am I in the wrong place! :) I did try to sing (if you can call it that) into Baby's ears only. I am sure she is scarred for life now. If she has nightmares tonight I will know why!

As per usual, me an my IF self just felt out of place. Not to mention that there was some folks there that I don't have much in common with (the 2 teen moms were just a little younger than I so I don't imagine we will hang out. Maybe the mom (that I thought was a grandma... oops good thing I kept my mouth shut) and I will be more from the same era. I just didn't hit it off with anyone.

We all sit in a circle on the floor. The kids were all rolling/crawling about in the middle of the floor. So what does Baby do? Take off in the opposite direction of where we were, she definitely marches to her own drum! (maybe she was just trying to get away from my singing.)

So I will go back next week, but I think I will leave the boys at grandma's so that maybe I can get some time with Baby. At least I went even though I didn't really want to, next time I will wear socks without holes! (I must admit I am glad I am going to miss a few weeks do to our visit to the In-laws!)

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 4:30 a.m., September 25, 2008, Anonymous motheringmymiraclemultiples said...

I have had these skinny little perfect moms that I meet in the park invite me to meetings and the like and I don't even bother. Other than the fact that I miraculously spewed forth life from my loins and I happen to be female, the similiarities end. I don't live in a big house, I don't have an au pair and I wear "holey" socks...think I will stick with you....

 
At 8:27 a.m., September 25, 2008, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Sorry you felt out of place. I hope Baby gets something out of Story Time. I hate to wake sleeping babies too, they look like precious angels.

 
At 9:15 a.m., September 25, 2008, Anonymous Erin said...

Hello, here from ICLW, but you know I hang around. So, I alway worry about that, feeling out of place. I am the first of my girl friends to have a baby. I have no mom friends to bond with. The thought of going to something like that makes me want to cringe.

 
At 11:42 a.m., September 25, 2008, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

Wow, that is a crazy busy day! Yay for getting your son to feed the baby.

 
At 5:01 p.m., September 25, 2008, Anonymous Tyler said...

WOW!! Your mom schedule puts my 10 hour school days to shame! I can't believe you had enough energy to type all that out. I think you're my hero. :)

 
At 5:49 p.m., September 25, 2008, Anonymous Cara said...

You sure are a busy lady. What do you teach, I wonder...and how for that that matter. (smile)

ICLW

 
At 8:25 p.m., September 25, 2008, Anonymous Sharon LaMothe said...

Hello from ICLW!! I loved stopping in and reading your blog! Hope your week is going great!

Sharon LaMothe

 
At 9:00 a.m., September 26, 2008, Anonymous Stephanie, Phil, Kayla, Logan & Alex said...

You sure sound busy! How do you do it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home