Sunday, September 14, 2008

#53 - Mortified... and other stuff!

Well today was another sort of working day. Too many visitors today. But the roof trusses at least went up before my hubby's helper had to leave. We had visitors from Down East so we had to stop to visit (Actually they came to see the kids). It wouldn't be such a big deal but we need to get the shed built as we have to go see Lindsay's parents for a few weeks, and by the time we get back, winter will be upon us. We have 2 weekends before we go and I have to work one of them (ie. the hubbs will get nothing done without me to entertain the kids) and work part of another one! Yikes! He is going to be busy the next couple weeks.

----

I was MORTIFIED today. The neighbor across the way came over, we were chatting. He mentioned that he was over for a bonfire at the neighbor's 2 doors away. The neighbor said that they wondered if he had met us, he said yes, they wondered if we beat our kids. OMG? Beat our kids... I don't think so. I guess they hear the kids screaming and think we are hurting them. I am officially mortified. Our kids do scream... a lot. When they have to come in the house they get upset and scream, when someone comes to the door they are scared and they scream. They want something that they can't have and they scream. They misbehave so I take their toys away so ... you guessed it they scream. I actually think I have lost some hearing due to the noise. But I am mortified that someone thinks I beat my kids. We live on an acreage, the neighbors aren't that close, I am now afraid to open our windows. I thought that it was normal for kids to make all that noise, I guess not? I think I will be Mortified for a long time...

THINGS THAT TICK ME OFF
- Not enough sleep
- Too much to do, not enough time to do it!
- My FAT butt! :)

KIDDO UPDATES

Baby was crabby today, teeth I think. I hope. I suppose the neighbors think I am beating her. She is getting heavy to cart around, she likes to be up high so she can see more. We have her mobile up where she can't reach it, not that it's a problem as she doesn't stand up in the crib anyway. Anyway I got her up and she wanted to touch the mobile. She was playing with Pooh and Tigger, very gently too. Anyway she turned it a bit so that she could give Pooh a cute little hug. It's just so adorable when she does her hugging. She kind of grabs what she wants to hug and tucks it up near her neck and says ahhh. Her eyes get so sparkly when she looks at her mobile. Makes me wish she would stay this age a little longer!

The boys went outside for a little while before lunch. They went out to watch dad build his shed. They stopped at the crab apple tree first. I had to pick them up so they could each pick an apple or two. Then off they went. There was a milk crate so one sat down and ate his apple, so dad got a milk crate for the other one and he sat beside his brother 'sit side Boy1' boy2 said! We had to keep going back to get more apples. Boy1 would eat around the core, Boy2 ate the whole thing core and all. I tried to show him to eat around it but he wasn't interested. YUCK, to the core, and man those apples aren't the yummiest either. I think they ate about 10 each. Needless to say they didn't eat much for lunch. We were lucky that when our company came over they didn't scream for a change (thank goodness, especially now that we heard what the neighbors think... yikes).

Boy2 is into making faces these days... His grumpy face is so funny, the bottom lip comes out and he gets this funny look. I just love it! :)

I better get to bed. I have a busy week ahead of me!

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 4:15 a.m., September 15, 2008, Anonymous motheringmymiraclemultiples said...

We have neighbors very close by. I have threatened them with keeping our windows open so they can hear just how loud two kids can scream. But beating...geez...what are people thinking. It is not like you can muzzle a kid like you can a dog. Kids make noise!!!

I have two friends, both firemen, who live three doors down and across the street. One has a 19 month old and the other has two, who are a little older...their kids are WAY noiser than mine...(we have lots of kids on our block ranging from mine all the way up to junior high age). This neighborhood is NEVER quiet.

Crabapples...ewwww yuck...I can't imagine! Boys will be boys, I guess.

 
At 6:17 a.m., September 15, 2008, Anonymous Danifred said...

I would think your kids weren't normal if they DIDN'T scream! And crab apples? Yuck! :)

 
At 6:31 a.m., September 15, 2008, Anonymous The Broken Man said...

Don't all kids scream? Maybe you should have said "Oh no, that's just me, when it all gets a bit much!" :)

The Broken Man

 
At 7:01 a.m., September 15, 2008, Anonymous Sarah said...

Oh NO! I cannot believe the neighbor said that!! Or that your other neighbor TOLD YOU! Of course it is normal for kids to scream. Maybe he doesn't realize how many little ones you have in there. That tripples the noise!

 
At 9:02 a.m., September 15, 2008, Anonymous Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I had to chuckle over the neighbor comment and I hope you will too! We have zero acreage and I'm sure my neighbors get an earful as I do of them. Noise = normal, happy kids.
It's when kids are too quiet and never get to play outside is what creeps me out. I hope you get some rest. Gosh, I wish I was close by, I would have your little ones come and play with me and our two sons, 13 and 10 years old. They would entertain them for sure with soccer and our new puppy.

 
At 12:01 p.m., September 15, 2008, Anonymous Nancy said...

Your neighbor obviously has no kids. ;)

 
At 12:32 p.m., September 15, 2008, Anonymous Kelly D said...

People always think the worst and come up with such incredible stories. Don't all kids scream at some point during the day?

Nice rumor they've started - it'd be interesting to see how they reacted if you confronted them - he, he.

 
At 12:41 p.m., September 15, 2008, Anonymous andbabybmakesthree said...

Omigosh about what the neighbors think. I hope it was totally said in a joking way and that they really get that's how kids are sometimes.

D

 
At 11:18 p.m., September 15, 2008, Anonymous Soralis said...

Thanks for making me feel better!

 
At 7:20 a.m., September 17, 2008, Anonymous Stephanie, Phil, Kayla, Logan & Alex said...

You know it probably sounds like we beat our kids too. We just have to send one of the boys to their room and they scream like we're beating them with a baseball bat. Funny thing is we didn't even touch them. Perhaps they have no kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home