Monday, September 08, 2008

#47 Sparkle in the Eyes

The other day I was looking at Baby and noticing the sparkle in her eyes when she smiles. The boys have it too. I was wondering when that sparkle goes away, does life's curves take it away, does the lost innocence of youth take the sparkle with it? Does 11 years of infertility take it away? Where does it go? I think mine is walking around in my children, as they definitely make me smile and are the bright light in a crazy world! Maybe I have my sparkle back now, it's just not where it used to be...

----

Sometimes I just can't articulate what it is I am feeling, but I think DD over at Punch Drunk captured it perfectly. Check out this post from a fellow infertile.

KIDDO NOTES
The boys were grumpy one at a time all day today... except for an hour of bliss in which I got to continue organizing my crafting area. I actually think I am done for now.

I have to take the kids to the pediatrician tomorrow. I am worried about this appointment, it is to discuss/review development issues with all the kids.

Not to mention that 2 of my kids are sick still, hope they don't catch something new from the Dr's office, that always worries me. (That's cause that happened to me once and I ended up in the hospital so I am just a little paranoid now.)

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 2:52 a.m., September 09, 2008, Anonymous Jaymee said...

I will be thinking of you.
Congratulations on getting organized!!

 
At 3:52 a.m., September 09, 2008, Anonymous motheringmymiraclemultiples said...

I know what you mean about the sparkle. I can't seem to find mine at the moment. It was there when I was pregnant, and it shows up once is a great while...but on the whole...I must be waering invisible sunglasses.

Oh, I hate going to the pediatrician. Mine actually has too seating areas. One for sick and one for well visits. The only problem with that is that the kids (not mine...other people's children) play with the toys they have. Well, the toys end up everywhere. And I have never actually see any of the nurses wipe down the toys. We will bring our own, thankyouverymuch......

 
At 12:06 p.m., September 09, 2008, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

I hope the appointments went well today.

 
At 1:34 p.m., September 09, 2008, Anonymous Stephanie, Phil, Kayla, Logan & Alex said...

I love seeing the sparkle in my kids eyes. Hope all went well at the pediatricians office.

 
At 6:52 p.m., September 09, 2008, Anonymous Jen said...

Good luck at the dr's and hope you have strong healthy kiddos!

 
At 8:18 p.m., September 09, 2008, Anonymous kirke said...

I would be paranoid if I ended up in the hospital too! I try not to think about all the little germies so much, but really I am one step from wiping off the shopping cart before I start pushing it around the store.

 
At 7:19 p.m., September 14, 2008, Anonymous DD said...

I can only hope that if I start to see the sparkle dim from my childrens' eyes that I have the sense to see it and do whatever I can to bring it back. Recognizing that possibility makes one a better parent then deluding ourselves into thinking it will always be perfect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home