Monday, August 25, 2008

#35 - Really I am not that bad of a Mom... although I feel like it today

Well I certainly will not be winning any Mom of the year awards any time soon. :( So here is what happened today. Kids slept in (I thought they would be in a good mood from getting extra sleep, apparently sleeping in is not a good thing). So I got all the munchkins up, Changed and got the boys dressed. They were already fighting over toys. I think they started the moment they got out of their little beds this morning. I started changing Baby... (you can see where this is going can't you). Well Boy1 decided to flip Boy2 with his blanket. I usually ignore the fighting when I am changing Baby. But Boy1 was flipping Boy2 in the face and I was worried about injury. So I tried to get him to stop, ha ha he is three, three means you don't have to listen to mom, just like 2, 1 and I am sure many other years!

So I turned to grab his blanket (trying to ensure Boy2 didn't get an eye injury) and then I turned back to watch Baby falling to the floor. I was sick, but she landed on her back, sort of flat, but with the head first. You must know that I never leave any of my kids on the change table/bed etc alone for fear of them falling. It is true all it takes is once and all it takes is seconds.

Well after she stopped crying I started touching her arms and legs to make sure she wasn't hurt and there was no screaming. She was fine, I dodged that bullet thank the good lord above! I am damn lucky. It scared the crap out of me. It just annoys the crap out of me as I never ever do stupid things like that.

I did enjoy the cuddle time after as she isn't so cuddly anymore. She just wanted me to hold her, poor thing was so scared I felt so awful. Boy2 even came over to give her a hug, he was crying as he was afraid Baby was hurt. I always try to stay calm when the boys are around so at least they weren't totally freaked out as well. (So about 10 mins after they were back to fighting though... it was quite a day! We are definitely getting out of the house tomorrow.)

I just can't believe how stupid I was, just a second turning around and she could have been hurt, and it would have been all my fault. :( I got lucky today.

Oh yes and the first signs of fall are here, one of our trees is turning yellow! So happy Fall to everyone! speaking of Uggg!

While we are at it we might as well complain about my freaking computer. It is so freaking slow... and I have cleaned the registry, run spy checking software and virus checking software. I give up. I think I need a new computer! I am also having buyer's remorse for a ring I bought online today. I will post more about that later.

KIDDO NOTES
I think I covered that above! Baby fell today, Boy2 was giving her hugs. Boy1 and Boy2 fought over toys all day today, until Dad came home and then they were good! UGG! :)

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 5:40 a.m., August 26, 2008, Anonymous CappyPrincess said...

Isn't it nice that we don't have these kinds of days EVERY day with our kids? Yeah, I know, sometimes it seems like every day.

I'm glad that Baby is doing alright. I'm sure that fall scared you just as much as it scared her.

BTW, if you discover the magic age when kids start listening to parents when they're wound up, please let me know. I'm still waiting for that day 12 year later.

iclw

 
At 6:47 a.m., August 26, 2008, Anonymous Stephanie, Phil, Kayla, Logan & Alex said...

I'm glad that your Baby is fine. That happened to me once too when my kids were little. My daughter is 11 and she still doesn't listen all the time. She has what we call 6th grade brain - you tell her something and 3 seconds later she forgets what you say.
ICLW

 
At 10:36 a.m., August 26, 2008, Anonymous Sarah said...

Oh no! I am so sorry she fell, but so glad to hear she is fine. I am sure it was terrifying!

 
At 3:36 p.m., August 26, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my friends babe fell off the bed and broke collarbone accidently while she attended to other child, no worries, happens to best of us. my daughter fell down 4 stairs when i didnt close the door, thank goodness she was ok!
d

 
At 5:28 p.m., August 26, 2008, Anonymous Carrie27 said...

You are not alone with the horrible mom award. My daugther fell off the changing table and I was right there! I think my heart stopped for a few minutes. She cried briefly and acted like nothing happened. It's definitely scary!

 
At 8:07 p.m., August 26, 2008, Anonymous Katie said...

OMG how SCARY!!! You aren't a bad mom, just totally incredibly BUSY!!!!

 
At 9:02 p.m., August 26, 2008, Anonymous MoMo said...

Sorry to hear about the fall--it happens to the best of us. Glad to hear everyone is okay and I hope tomorrow is a better day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home