Monday, August 18, 2008

#29 - Calamity Adverted

I got to go card making today! It was so much fun, a whole new group of people that I met. I really enjoyed getting out. But why is it that I always feel guilty when I go out. I always feel bad leaving the kids with dad as he worked all day. Even when I go to work I guilty. I told my husband that and he said NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. Ya that makes me feel better, thanks hunny!

KIDDO NOTES
I got lucky yesterday, very lucky! (no not that kind of lucky, get your mind out of the gutter!). It was bed time, we were getting our not so happy kids ready for bed. They aren't big fans of bed time, wait till they get to be my age! Well we were trying to hurry as my cousin was stopping by with the trailer. Then the doorbell rang, the neighbour was coming to borrow the car. I couldn't find the keys, so I went to finish getting the kids ready for bed and the hubby went to find the keys.

In all the confusion the baby gate never got closed. You can see where this is going. I am changing boy1's bum and didn't realize I had an escapee. Boy2 was now screaming as dad had left, he is dad's boy. Well the escapee was on her way, you guessed it, to the stairs. She is quick when she wants to be. Lucky for me boy2 was near by, and hasn't forgotten his tumble down the stairs. I hear boy2 say no baby, then I heard the gate, he was trying to close it. Now baby, aka the escapee, is screaming mad because he would let her go where she wanted. I guess she doesn't remember the goose egg she got when she tumbled down the stairs! When I got there he was holding the gate trying to keep baby away, he said to me 'Baby no fall down stairs'.

I tell you that kid got all sorts of praise and a big hug. Baby was not impressed but that's just too bad.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:50 a.m., August 19, 2008, Anonymous motheringmymiraclemultiples said...

So glad there was no tumbling at your house. Also happy that you got out of the house for a spell.

Again, right there with you on the feeling guilty about leaving the kids with the hubby. He just doesn't get it sometimes. Yesterday, he ended up working late. I was waiting for him to get home from work so I could finish cooking dinner and the most important thing he wanted to do was to water the lawn....yeah...not spend time with the kids...water the friggin' lawn.

I am so right there with you....

 
At 10:42 a.m., August 20, 2008, Anonymous Nancy said...

awww that's so cute that your boys take care of the little one. :) Burke takes care of Logan ... sometimes ;)

And I hear you about the guilt. My hubby is actually really good about it though. The poor guy was stuck with all 3 at bed time when I went to one of my twins group meetings. And apparently, Logan didn't go to sleep for a LONG time. oops!

 
At 10:46 a.m., August 20, 2008, Anonymous Nancy said...

awww that's so cute that your boys take care of the little one. :) Burke takes care of Logan ... sometimes ;)

And I hear you about the guilt. My hubby is actually really good about it though. The poor guy was stuck with all 3 at bed time when I went to one of my twins group meetings. And apparently, Logan didn't go to sleep for a LONG time. oops!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home