Monday, August 04, 2008

#16 - The Great Outdoors

Well this weekend was an outdoor weekend. We spent most of the weekend doing yard stuff of some sort. My husband is still putting the stupid shelter together and now he has to cut it shorter as the canvas is to short and finish bolting it down. Then he has to do the floor. So I figure 2 more weekends and he may actually have it done. Ugg! The next project is to build a storage shed for our lawn tractors (yes tractors, because we need two so that we don't fight over who gets to mow the lawn! :)), trailers and misc tractor attachments, and our snow removal stuff. The problem with an acreage is the maintenance items are larger, so you need more storage. I sure hope he can get it done before the snow flies but I am not convinced. It seems like everything takes longer than it should.

I have been just exhausted lately so I decided to be somewhat useful and managed to get most of the lawn mowed today. I don't do the ditches or around some of the trees. I like the big open areas. I was almost knocked off the lawn tractor when I was hit by a tree branch so now I am not to keen on getting to close (and for some reason I get the brake and the gas confused on things that you drive that have something between the brake and the gas, like the engine. They have to be beside each other or I just can't seem to get my head around the brake pedal) Yes I can drive a car much better than the lawn tractor! Although I HATE parking! :) I don't do the ditches as I feel like I am going to fall off when the tractor in on an angle so I leave those for the hubbs! He doesn't mind so I guess it all works out in the end. He was just happy that the lawn got mostly mowed today as it was bothering him that it needed to be done.

I even managed to sneak in an hour nap when the kids when down this afternoon so I was happy!

Back to normal tomorrow. The hubby has been off since Friday and I have enjoyed having him around for 4 days. Now I have to adjust to not having the extra set of hands around again! It's amazing how after 4 days you can change your entire routine.

KIDDO STUFF

The boys each got a gator for their birthday from their grandparents. (They are 2 seater battery powered drivable toys in case you weren't sure what they are). Well one of the boys is really good at driving it the other one hasn't quite figured out that you turn the steering wheel to turn the thing. He is starting to get a little better though. Anyway they were driving around the yard today following each other. Then the good driver decided to go for a ride with his brother. Well my husband and I almost died laughing as the good driver was grabbing the steering wheel trying to get his brother to turn the 'right' way and he was telling him when to back up and when to go forward and of course when to turn. I don't think the other fella listened to anything which made it even funnier. When the good driver was grabbing the wheel and trying to get the thing turning it was just to funny to watch. Little bossy boy. (He was also telling his father to sit on his bum and eat his supper, in a stern voice with the finger pointing. That was pretty funny too as my husband is bad for not coming and sitting down at supper time.)

I think things are just starting to get interesting at our house...

Good night

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:44 a.m., August 05, 2008, Anonymous Angie said...

They sure do sound interesting!

 
At 7:53 p.m., August 05, 2008, Anonymous MoMo said...

First of all--you guys are busy!! And the boys are too funny and it must be really fun watching them interact.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home