Monday, February 19, 2007

Monday monday...

Still hanging in here at the Soralis house. I can't seem to get rid of my cold, but I didn't expect that it would go away quickly anyway! It seems as though another round of YUCK is starting though as one of my boys was up sick again last night. I think it was mainly caused by the fact that he is all stuffed up so hopefully there will be no more barfing anytime soon! The poor little fella, it's just so hard to see them sick.

On a good note it seems as though it was helpful that we had to go 'rinse some stuff out' last night as our washing machine seems to have sprung a leak. Since we have main floor laundry it's a good thing that we found out it was leaking last night or we may have woken up to a flood this morning. It seems as though the valve that is supposed to close when water is not needed has decided to give up the ghost. At least there is an easy fix for now, just shut the water off to the machine seems to do the trick! We really don't want any new expenses for a while if we can help it!

As for work, I have been way to busy... a couple of 13 hour days last week was more than enough for me. Our team has a deadline Friday so I am hoping it slows down after that! I am not sure that I can keep those kind of days up, and I am sure it isn't helping my cold. I am worried as I haven't been into the office for a while and I don't want to get into trouble. I have been working from home for one reason or another and I am not sure what I am going to do now as it seems that an issue I had during my last PG has come back to rear it's ugly head (this is the issue that resulted in 3 months of bed rest last time.) Ugg. I am hoping that I am able to work from home for the remainder of my time, I guess we will have to see. I have been procrastinating in calling my office to make my at home time official, maybe we will see what happens at my next OB appt next week.

So as for the PG all is well with the little one (as far as I know), it is very busy kicking away... when I get nervous I usually don't have to wait to long for some movement so that definitely helps! I have a little issue these days with walking though. I have pain and pressure in my groin area that makes it difficult to get around. Any kind of lifting or sitting seems to make it worse, and we won't even talk about rolling over in bed. It makes the round ligament pain seem like a piece of cake as it usually passes quite quickly. Walking seems to irritate the heck out of it as well, and so does getting dressed. It's not the end of the world but I am not sure how I could ever make that commute to work again this PG? On a positive note I am not freaking about this as I had something similar last time so I know it's just my body and not the baby so for the first time there will be no paranoid call to the Dr since I am going to see her next week anyway. (Besides last time I called her she sent me to the hospital and took me off work that day, and some intern did a NASTY internal exam that I could do without this time around! :))

So that's my Monday... I shall waddle off for now! Oh and if someone could please have a nap for me that would be wonderful!

Quote of the day
If you do not tell the truth about yourself
you cannot tell it about other people.
~ Virginia Woolf

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 7:50 p.m., February 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your cold goes away soon and you can work from home for the rest of your pregnancy. I hope the pain subsides, at least a little!

 
At 7:02 a.m., February 20, 2007, Blogger Shauna said...

That pain that you're having sounds very like what I was experiencing last week. I feel better now but am worried that it will come back.

Seems like everyone I know is sick. Don't breath on me!

 
At 7:07 p.m., February 20, 2007, Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

Hope everyone is well soon in the Soralis house. And that you can work from home.

 
At 8:24 a.m., February 23, 2007, Blogger x said...

13 hr days while pregnant (with twins at home) is crazy. I hope there aren't too many more of those.

 
At 5:44 p.m., February 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. Nice to hear that everything is coming along nicely with your little one.

 
At 4:08 a.m., February 27, 2007, Blogger dawnatello said...

it has been awhile since last update i hope you are well!!

i got a bad cold now and trying to drag myself into office at some point this week. i am becoming one of "those" prego people that people at work are always covering for and never is on time etc etc. since been prego i have been off for at least a month's worth and longer of sick time from various things.

oh well 4 more weeks!!

 
At 2:44 p.m., February 27, 2007, Blogger Stilla Momma said...

Hey Soralis Remember Sunnie (from the Sunnie side Up)? :) well, I'm Stilla now...and a mommy :)

Just wanted to say hey!

 
At 1:38 p.m., March 01, 2007, Blogger Snickollet said...

My mom and I have been working on a method whereby we can take naps for one another. When we get it perfected, I'll let you know :).

 
At 11:49 a.m., March 03, 2007, Blogger Shauna said...

Too long between posts my dear. I hope things are okay with you.

 
At 8:09 p.m., March 03, 2007, Blogger Angie said...

I will take a nap for you :-) I hope you get rid of your cold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home