Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Almost half way there...

Time for an update I suppose... I will be 20 weeks on Saturday, it's so hard to believe! I am getting bigger but I just feel like I am gaining weight I don't feel PG. I am feeling movement, a lot of movement but still I don't feel PG. I am still suffering from nausea on a frequent basis, yet it still hasn't sunk in that I am PG. We go for an U/S today, maybe then it will feel a little more real? I am nervous as this will probably be my last u/s for this PG. I think the monthly u/s's helped it become more real during my last PG, actually seeing the little monkeys instead of just knowing was helpful for me. After having 4 u/s's in the first 20 weeks, I can't imagine going another 20ish weeks with no u/s's!

I am still feeling a little better in the emotions department, thank goodness and I am coping with things (translation: mother) much better. I feel like the weight has been lifted off, instead I am just really tired, but that's to be expected. This PG is totally different than the last one, I thought it would be much easier with just one but it seems to be kicking me a lot harder this time. I have definitely noticed some changes from the last time. I had nicer hair the last time, my nails grew much faster and were much stronger and my psoriasis totally cleared up last time (not this time that's for sure!), my m/s went away faster and I was way to freaking happy the last time. I guess those extra hormones will be missed this time.

I seem to be having a hard time keeping up with my life these days. I am finding working is a little difficult this go around. I am so very tired to begin with, then I have to try to stay awake for an entire day with no naps! :) I have had to sick boys that are going through some kind of screaming phase for the last 2 months. Every night starting around supper time let the games begin. It has be very trying but I am hoping that they snap out of it soon. It so hard to deal with them so grumpy, especially when they aren't usually that way. As a parent I feel lost as to what to do as we have tried everything we could think of and nothing seems to work to well. Last night was finally a fairly good night so hopefully that will continue to improve as well. I must admit I love their smiling faces much better than those screaming ones. To make matters worse my husband has NO patience for the screaming so I am trying to calm everyone down, and explain to him they are just young and can't communicate very well yet. Still I would not trade them for anything. We are very lucky that we get to spend our time with them even if they are screaming monsters at times. I guess none of the good things are easy are they?

Quote of the day
Creativity is
inventing,
experimenting,
growing,
taking risks,
breaking rules,
making mistakes,
and having fun.
~ Mary Lou Cook

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 7:52 a.m., February 06, 2007, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

Wow half way already.. the time has gone fast, but probably not fast enough for you. (I know I felt that way).

Glad to hear you are doing better with your mother.

 
At 8:27 a.m., February 06, 2007, Blogger Barely Sane said...

Holy smokes.... 20 weeks already? That is great!!

Did you ever look into renting/buying a dopler? I have no doubt it will provide you with a huge piece of mind.

Glad to hear things are going somewhat better with your mom. I can't even imagine how hard that must be for you.

Hope the boys grow out of the evening antics quickly. We refer to that time of day (7pm - 8pm) as Ashlyn's witching hour.

Hugs!!

 
At 9:45 a.m., February 06, 2007, Blogger MoMo said...

Congratulations on hitting the half way mark!! That was so fast....I know you probably don't think so. Glad to hear things are getting better with your mom. Hang in there.

 
At 10:07 a.m., February 06, 2007, Blogger Shauna said...

I haven't had an u/s since 21 weeks and it's killing me. I was hoping for another one before the end of the road one. :)

FWIW, my friend is at 21 weeks and she has felt worlds better since her most recent u/s. Just seemed to take the pressure off or something.

Hang in there.

 
At 12:35 p.m., February 06, 2007, Blogger Lut C. said...

How time flies! I hope the u/s shows everything is as it should be.

 
At 7:38 p.m., February 06, 2007, Blogger Bea said...

Nearly halfway! Here's to the next half...

Bea

 
At 1:16 p.m., February 07, 2007, Blogger Krista said...

Congrats Soralis, half way is a milestone isn't it. And I agree with Reality, you can't compare this pregnancy to the last because you didn't have two children to look after last time. You could rest whenever you needed to.

I hope the remaining 16-20 weeks are uneventful and have you continuing to feel a bit better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home