Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I really need some new friends...

Why can't my real friends be a little more like the cyber ones I know? Sometimes I wonder about the people I know!

So the other day I am working away (trying to stay awake as I seem to be more tired than usual) and I get a new e-mail from a friend. (This is supposed to be a good friend, but you decide.) Well apparently her friend at work's daughter is having a baby and is looking for some used 'baby equipment'. So what does my friend say? "Since you aren't having twins now, and you are only one, I was wondering if you wanted to sell some of your stuff as you won't need it all now." Maybe I am overly sensitive but wouldn't a message that said, do you have some extra things you want to sell, about cover it?

Now my friend does have a habit of not thinking before she speaks, but I still thought that was a little inappropriate. We only have doubles of our bucket car seats and we really didn't have any other doubled up stuff anyway. (Did she not notice when she was at our house?) She also knows that our boys cribs were both lent to us, and gee they are still in them.

I just don't get why people can't think a little before they open their mouths or send an e-mail? I suppose I stick my foot in it too, but I sure try not to.

Quote of the day
To read a writer is for me
not merely to get an idea of
what he says,
but to go off with him,
and travel in his company.
~ Andre Gide ("Third Imaginary Interview" Pretexts)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:38 a.m., January 23, 2007, Blogger DD said...

"Ugh. Me stoopid. Me put foot in mouth."

Yeah. Some friend.

 
At 10:55 a.m., January 23, 2007, Blogger Paige said...

yeah, not so smart. you should tell her she hurt your feelings.

 
At 12:33 p.m., January 23, 2007, Blogger Snickollet said...

People have said all kinds of stupid, hurtful things to me since my husband got sick. Your friend's comment would be right up there.

I'm sorry she hurt your feelings. So many people just don't think before they open their mouths.

 
At 4:30 p.m., January 23, 2007, Blogger beagle said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 4:32 p.m., January 23, 2007, Blogger beagle said...

That's just awful! Her logic is just so crass!

How rude!

I'm guessing she didn't mean to be awful but really . . .

 
At 6:16 a.m., January 24, 2007, Blogger Shauna said...

Some things should just come naturally though shouldn't they? Being sensitive to someone else's pain is one of those things. Why should you have to tell her that what she said is inappropriate? Or if not inappropriate, at least hurtful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home