Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Retrieval will be Friday...

Tuesday
Well Tuesday was a better day than monday... well sort of I think. I had another u/s first thing. Of course it was the first u/s and first blood work of the day. (I wasn't in a real big hurry to get back to the trailer so I wasn't going to have to wait today!) When they were done they were ready to send me home and have me come back the next day to get my HCG instructions. I told them I didn't have wheels so could I please do it today. They said I would have to wait for a long time. I told them I didn't care as I had no where to be anyway. One of the nurses noticed that I hadn't done a counseling session since we signed up in 2003 and there was a muck up at the clinic and they had a counselor with no clients, she wondered if I wanted to go talk to the counselor. It was a better way to spend an hour than sitting in the waiting room!

It was an interesting session, I was glad that it worked out that I got to see her. It really didn't help as much as the first time I saw her though. (I guess all my 'free' counseling on the internet has paid off! :) ) It was kind of weird to be there without the hubbs though.

So after the counseling appointment I waited for the nurse to go over the HCG shot. Trigger Wednesday night, Retrieval on Friday. I saw the dr. that runs the clinic this time. Originally he was going to make me come back wednesday then changed his mind to get me to trigger instead???? I guess I should have asked why the change but everything happened so fast and I was so confused that I wasn't sure what the heck was going on. I was also trying to talk to him about my extremly painful retrieval last time.

He doesn't think that I will get half of the eggs that I got last time. I don't know why or what the heck is going on with that. I am not getting any answers and I am quite frustrated with my clinic in general. I think they are to busy as the patient care just doesn't seem to be there. I had 3 different dr's doing the monitoring this time (last fresh cycle it was the same dr.). I just don't feel great about things, but we will see what happens on Friday I guess. At least they are being proactive about the drug/retrieval thing (they are giving me extra drugs to try to help out this time, they think that it could be complicated with where my ovary is. The dr. actually tried to move the ovary with the u/s wand, that was fun!! :) )

At least I wasted half my day at the clinic so I wasn't too lonely. The cab dude was even on time and I was on time at the clinic. I also started playing around with my computer and got the TV working! YAY! I can't imagine 3 days alone, no transportation, in a very small trailer without my TV!! :)

So it was a long afternoon nap, a lazy evening and off to bed!!!

Wednesday
And I thought I was going to be bored today! HA!

Clinic screw up #1 - forgot to give me my 'extra' drugs for Friday, can't pick them up without signing for them (remember I have no wheels)
Clinic screw up #2 - forgot to put the qty on my other 'extra' drugs, hubby trying to get prescription filled at home
Benefits screw up #1 - Apparently the date is still wrong and my claim was rejected again (event hough I phoned the insurance company to verify everything before re-submitting & I also checked with work first too! FRIGIN HECK!)
Work Screw up #1 - They forgot to tell me I got the position I interviewed for (so new boss called me today to confirm... unbelievable!) Wahoo! Got an awesome position, may get to go to new york in a couple of weeks! Always wanted to go to NY! Not sure where exactly yet she just mentioned NY!

Spent my day trying to get a hold of my clinic to fix mess with drugs and work stuff! Getting ready to trigger tonight at 10pm. Hoping I don't spill this time! (last fresh cycle I spilled a lot!)

Tomorrow is my 'day off' no drugs! Looking forward to sleeping in (ya right) as I don't have to take my nasal spray at 6am!

I will try to update after my retrieval. I miss reading everyones blogs, can't wait to get home and get caught up with everyone.

Take care

21 Comments:

At 5:21 p.m., October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!!!

 
At 5:38 p.m., October 04, 2006, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Good luck with your retrieval Friday! I hope that all goes smoothly and you get more eggs than they are anticipating. I will be checking back for updates. Hugs.

 
At 7:27 p.m., October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job- and good luck with retrieval! Thinking of you

 
At 8:34 p.m., October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine living in a trailer alone for as long as you are. The things we find ourselves doing eh?

I'm glad for the updates. Keep em coming and good luck!

 
At 9:26 p.m., October 04, 2006, Blogger Krista said...

Good luck Soralis. I hope the trigger goes well for you (during my first IVF I screwed up the time and jeopordized my retrieval) and most of all I hope those new "extra" drugs do the trick and you have a pain free retrieval. I will be thinking of you on Friday

 
At 7:24 a.m., October 05, 2006, Blogger MoMo said...

Good luck..I will be thinking of you!!

 
At 11:10 a.m., October 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending you all the luck I can! Hope all goes well!

 
At 1:35 p.m., October 05, 2006, Blogger Kris said...

Hope you are enjoying your "day off" today. Good luck tomorrow!

 
At 2:30 p.m., October 05, 2006, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Congratulations on your new job. I will be thinking of you during the retrieval tomorrow. I hope everything goes well and NO PAIN!

 
At 7:34 p.m., October 05, 2006, Blogger Becci said...

good luck!!

 
At 9:37 p.m., October 05, 2006, Blogger Nico said...

Congrats on the new job!!! Also, I hope that everything goes better with the ER this time than last.

 
At 9:10 a.m., October 06, 2006, Blogger beagle said...

Good Luck today!

 
At 9:17 a.m., October 06, 2006, Blogger lola said...

Good luck with your retrieval! I will have my fingers crossed for you and I hope that you get lots of eggs...

 
At 9:28 a.m., October 06, 2006, Blogger Krista said...

Soralis, just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you today. Hoping the retrieval went well and was as pain free as possible.

 
At 2:44 p.m., October 06, 2006, Blogger Susan said...

I'm getting here late... I hope everything has gone off without a hitch. This sounds so stressful...being away from home and all.

Thinking the best thoughts for you.

 
At 5:05 p.m., October 06, 2006, Blogger Bea said...

Good luck for Friday! Rest up, and enjoy your drug holiday.

Er... that's a holiday *from* drugs, when used here.

Bea

 
At 8:18 p.m., October 07, 2006, Blogger Courtney said...

Good luck babe I am dying to read how everything went!!!!

 
At 1:49 p.m., October 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope all went well with you, can't wait to hear updates...
Thinking of you!

 
At 3:16 p.m., October 09, 2006, Blogger GLouise said...

Thinking of you, sweet Soralis.... Hoping for an awesome update!

 
At 6:32 a.m., October 10, 2006, Blogger Demeter said...

Wow, may this Thanksgiving weekend give you all the blessings and the retrieval went well. You are so close....

 
At 7:55 a.m., October 10, 2006, Blogger Serenity said...

Thinking of you, soralis - hope it all went well!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home