Thursday, October 26, 2006

The results are in....

Well I am home, my trip was awesome (except the part where my baggage decided not to join me, but at least they found it and it will be here some time today). So I suppose you want to hear all about my trip first? Ok maybe not!

So I got home Tuesday night... LATE! 2nd person through customs! (last person out off there though due to my baggage! Isn't that always the way!) We landed and had to wait to get towed to our gate (there wasn't even any other planes coming in at the time, our 'international' airport is quite small! The dude must have been napping!) So I turned on my phone and text messaged my husband (why I just didn't call him I will never know!??) By this point I was prepared for bad news as he was supposed to tell me if it was good news, so he either didn't know or it was bad. So he texts me 'big surprise'. Knowing my husband this could be ANYTHING... like he remembered to bring my coat. So anyway I was shaking the entire time that the baggage was dumping out! I just wanted to get the heck out of there. After the bags stopped coming I decided to ask the baggage agent right away to see if they were done. (Been there done that way to many times!) So I filled out all my paperwork and left with my carry on bag. (finally!) I had this feeling that the bag wasn't going to join me since I cleared the first step of customs so quickly!

I went out to join my husband. Not a word out of him, I guess it's not good news... at least I stopped shaking since I was waiting for my baggage for so long. So we go out to the truck to start our long journey home. He is jabbering about nothing (I am ready to shake him by this point... after all it has been almost 3 freaking days since my blood test.) He finally started saying, well the dr's office called, and he is yammering on. I am waiting and waiting for the news. Ya he didn't ask! He just said that I am supposed to call as my dr. had some instructions for me. He figured that sounded good. Meanwhile it's going through my head, why the frig didn't you just ASK the question, you know the one where you say is she PG? Three words and he didn't ask! I should have left him more explicit instructions on what to say. So this meant I have to wait another day to call the office. I was really thrilled, but believe it or not I was just to tired to care. Can you imagine to tired to care about the end of the 2ww. I must have been exhausted! Maybe it was because I am PG! I called the dr's office and yes I am actually PG. I am in shock. I was not expecting this cycle to work for some reason. I am really nervous for some reason? I am really excited and really nervous that I am excited already. It just seems like it is way to early to get excited, that I need to wait until at least the u/s or 12 weeks. I gave myself permission to get excited after 12 weeks so I am worried that I have already sprung into excitement mode. I know that this may not be a sure thing so I am afraid to start actually believing that this will turn out good in the end.

I am also suffering from the guilt thing. It seems to be fairly normal here in blog land, so I know I am not alone. Beating the odds with IVF twice seems so unfair when some of you are still waiting for your first success. I am not sure that it is survior guilt I am feeling? It's more like this intense feeling that I really wish no one had to suffer the pain of IF. I am not sure that I can really explain. But for now I am lucky I am PG and I promised myself if it ever happened again that I was going to enjoy it. The numbers are a little more than half of my last PG on the same testing day so I am thinking it is only one this time. I am sad that one embryo didn't make it, but given my issues at the end of my last PG it will definitely be a lot easier on my body.

Sorry I am so long winded today!

Take care and thank you for being there for me through all of this so far!

34 Comments:

At 7:51 a.m., October 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yahoo!!!!!!!!

I've been awaiting an update. I am so happy for you!! What the hell! Get excited. It's not going to make it hurt any less if you don't allow yourself some excitement.

Yay Soralis!!!!!!

 
At 7:54 a.m., October 26, 2006, Blogger Jen said...

WOW!!! Great news!! So happy for you! Congrats!

 
At 8:11 a.m., October 26, 2006, Blogger Krista said...

Congrats Soralis, I am so excited for you. When we didn't hear from you yesterday I had prepared myself for bad news.

 
At 8:47 a.m., October 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe your husband talked to someone at the RE's office and didn't ask for your beta number. Crazy.

More importantly, YAY!!! This is wonderful news.

 
At 9:03 a.m., October 26, 2006, Blogger lola said...

What wonderful news - congratulations!

 
At 9:15 a.m., October 26, 2006, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

THAT IS THE BEST NEWS EVER!! You must be over the moon! Congratulations and H&H 9 months to you!

 
At 9:37 a.m., October 26, 2006, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

WOW! I can't believe your husband broke the news like this- I would have been shaking the news out of him first.

I am happy for you!

 
At 10:18 a.m., October 26, 2006, Blogger Shinny said...

Glad you made it back safe from your trip and that you got good news. Keeping mind my "jinx" ability I will read here but not post to avoid causing you problems. Happy for you, very happy!

 
At 10:27 a.m., October 26, 2006, Blogger DD said...

Congrats, my dear! How you did not throttle your dear lovely husband is beyond me.

Yeeeaaahhhh!

 
At 10:36 a.m., October 26, 2006, Blogger Nico said...

I can't believe DH didn't ask the question!!! The answer is fantastic though :-) Will keep on hoping that things continue to go well!

 
At 12:16 p.m., October 26, 2006, Blogger Thalia said...

Well, you certainly made us wait for that (I was reading on a blackberry so it took a v long time to get to the good bit!). Congratulations, this is great news. Did they give you a number? What happens next?

 
At 12:18 p.m., October 26, 2006, Blogger Kellie said...

Nicely done! You make it look so simple!!

 
At 12:56 p.m., October 26, 2006, Blogger Courtney said...

I am super happy for you and I still think that is an awesome beta!!!

 
At 1:05 p.m., October 26, 2006, Blogger Barely Sane said...

YAY!!!! Congrats!!!

That is great news. Be excited, you have earned it!

 
At 1:49 p.m., October 26, 2006, Blogger songbird36 said...

Congratulations! That is awesome news. :-)

 
At 2:14 p.m., October 26, 2006, Blogger Serenity said...

Yay! That's great news!!!

 
At 2:41 p.m., October 26, 2006, Blogger Susan said...

Such great news! I'm glad it worked for you.

Take care.

 
At 3:06 p.m., October 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome home sorry your bags went awol, but congratulations on the positive I imagine that makes up for a lost bag or two.

 
At 3:15 p.m., October 26, 2006, Blogger GLouise said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You left us waiting in such suspense! I hope you are feeling very guilty- hee hee.

No- very happy for your great results!!!

keep us posted!

 
At 3:17 p.m., October 26, 2006, Blogger GLouise said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You left us waiting in such suspense! I hope you are feeling very guilty- hee hee.

No- very happy for your great results!!!

keep us posted!

 
At 6:08 p.m., October 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEMETER said..

WOOO HOOOO!!!
Soralis! I am so happy for you. Congratulations!

This is what you were so anxiously waiting for. Wonderful!

 
At 8:36 p.m., October 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very exciting. Got everything crossed for you!

 
At 10:44 p.m., October 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been waiting to hear what happened.

Congrats! And best of luck.

Bea

 
At 10:21 a.m., October 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Wishing you good luck with all subsequent milestones!

 
At 1:32 p.m., October 27, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

Woohoo! Congrats!

 
At 1:40 p.m., October 27, 2006, Blogger x said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you. This is great news. I know your feelings about the guilt - it's a feeling of wishing you could do something, anything, to help your friends that are still trying.
I hope you enjoy every minute!

 
At 4:45 p.m., October 27, 2006, Blogger Bittermama said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

 
At 6:27 a.m., October 28, 2006, Blogger Meg said...

Hooray Soralis! Congratulations!!

 
At 8:34 a.m., October 28, 2006, Blogger MoMo said...

Woo-hoo!! Congratulations!!! I am doing a happy dance here in Chicago!! Hugs!!

 
At 10:49 a.m., October 28, 2006, Blogger Kellie said...

Congratulations!

You shouldn't feel guilty. Easy for me to say, as I had/have the guilt too.

Good luck!!

 
At 4:32 p.m., October 28, 2006, Blogger Lut C. said...

How could he NOT ASK!

Congratulations on the promising news. :-)

 
At 8:15 a.m., October 29, 2006, Blogger chris said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 9:48 p.m., October 29, 2006, Blogger Katie said...

What wonderful news! Congratulations!

 
At 10:18 a.m., October 30, 2006, Blogger beagle said...

Congratulations!!!

(I'm stunned that your husband could stand not to ask! But it's kind of sweet that you found out together.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home