Saturday, September 30, 2006

Update...

Thursday
Drove 4 hours to my clinic, got up at 3:45 am. I forgot that fall is upon us so it is staying dark longer. I was almost at my clinic before there was any sign of the sun. I really don't like driving in the dark. I also got to drive through about an hour of fog, another weather condition that I do not like to drive through. (I am kind of picky aren't I! :) ) I couldn't use the cruise control in my parents car (the whole reason for borrowing parents car) as I couldn't find the 'set' button. I don't really like to use cruise unless it's light anyway. So I get to the clinic about a 1/2 hour early, great maybe I will get out of there early. I couldn't get the key out of the ignition, it took me about 10 minutes. You are supposed to push the key in to get it out but there seems to be an issue there (big surprise nothing my parents have ever works right. It took us an hour to get the darn car out of the garage due to issues with keys, locks and garage door openers.)

So I get to the clinic and wait outside until it's open. I am the 2nd person there so I figured I would be out of there fast (ya right!). I knew the blood tests were 1st come 1st serve but I forgot that the u/s's were scheduled. (So they want you at the clinic at 8am even if your appt is 9:30... wtf!) Anyway the girl in front of me, her appt was 8:15am and mine was at 9:15. Lovely! I am there at 7:30 and I have to wait until 9:15 for my 10 sec u/s! I was not happy, why don't they do their u/s's first come first serve too??? It was weird as the gal that was before me waiting outside the clinic and I had a great conversation outside the clinic. The minute we walked through the doors... nothing! What is it a big secret that we are there or what?

Well so the wait began. I knew it was going to be a long one as the 8:15 girl didn't get in until 8:30. So I waited and waited. Finally at about 9:35 they took me in. I was not in 'happy' mode by this time, but what can you do? So Dr. Ouch (she did my nasty retrieval last time) was my dr. of the day (I hate rotating dr's at clinics, but again what do you do?). She goes to insert the u/s probe and can't seem to find where it goes, she was actually grunting (great!). I wanted to say stop playing with that, betcha that would have freaked her out! Like I said I was not in happy mode anymore. Finally she SHOVED the thing in. I have never had such an uncomfy u/s in my entire u/s experience, and trust me I have had a few since 2001! Then she couldn't find my ovary, apparently it decided to play hide and seek and it was on top of my uterus. (Anyone out there had ER with your ovary on top of the uterus please let me know how it went as I am really nervous now since it isn't in the right place. I am going to ask about it my next appt on Sunday).

Well Dr. Ouch, once she went DIGGING (yes digging) for the Ovary tells me that my lining looks good. (I have never had an issue in this dept so I didn't really care at this point, and from my discomfort I could kind of tell it was ok. I get crampy when it starts 'plumping' up!) So great lining good. Then she says ooo you have less follies than last time. I am thinking oh great. Then she tells the nurse to make sure they scan me in the next room next time as this machine isn't the best. (What don't we pay enough for treatment that they can upgrade their crappy machines? There was enough women in the waiting room, which in itself makes me very sad)

So finally she started counting. It ended up that I have 8 follies (one less that last time at this stage, so I don't think her comments were really necessary). I sure hope that I don't get dr. ouch for my next u/s. I was happy to hear that I didn't have to be back until Sunday though!

Oh ya and my DH picked up a new cell phone for be on Wednesday, 1 GB MP3 Phone... cool! (Or so you think...)

Friday
Still tired from Thursday and a little emotional today too, I am blaming the drugs. So I spent some time setting up my new phone today, only to find out that the 1 GB external memory card was actually a 512MB card (about half the size for those that aren't so tech savy). So now it was time to get on that phone. Called my cell carried, that told me to call the store (the gal I bought the phone from didn't even know what a memory stick was, I knew this was going to get bad after this.) Spent my evening trying to explain what was going on, many many calls to/from gal from the store and my cell carrier. What a freaking run around. So now I am supposed to return the phone and get another one but no one seems to have one. I have it already setup for all my drug alarms and my old phone is messed up so going back is not a great option. (The ringer is toast, too many IVF cycles I guess! :)) Did I mention that the software from the phone frigs up my computer too, it won't shut down after connecting the phone to the computer.

Then I get my 'consolidated' bank statements, all 4 of them (They were supposed to be on 1) That's a whole other issue, I have been fighting with the bank for weeks on straightening out the mess they made the last time I opened an account, back in august)

Well for those of you who have been keeping up I had an internal interview for a job I am really hoping to get, they were going to notify me Friday. I logged on to my work email... nothing. So I am not sure if I got the position or not, I would say probably not if I haven't heard.

Then I checked my bank to see what was deposited for my pay (I was supposed to be paid out for vacation in August). Well guess what, they frigged that up too, they paid me more than double what my gross would have been for all of my holiday time not just my time for August. Now I won't be around next week so getting this fixed should be fun! I also was trying to figure out why I am making less money now than before I went on Mat leave and I got a bit of a raise while on leave (figure that one out). Needless to say I found an old paystub and they haven't included some things that were supposed to be on there, like an RRSP deduction. So I should have fun getting that fixed too.

My super fertile friend came over to drop some stuff off. Now we aren't supposed to know she is PG. Well the boyfriend/common law whatever wanted to announce the PG to us. (He also knows that we are in the middle of a cycle). Well their 9 yr old daughter was with them and she doesn't know yet. So this is how he chooses to tell us. You may want to sit down for this one. He says that he has something to tell us. I look all confused, oh really?. He then proceeds to say, you know that thing you are going to do this week. I say yes. The he says... "WE WIN". I am not freaking kidding you! He actually said that, last time I checked super fertile vs. super infertile isn't much of a competition? "We win" I still can't believe he said that! I really need to hang out with more IF'ers. Maybe if we freaking talked at the clinic we could make some new friends!!! :)

Ok already that's enough crap for one day! :)

Saturday
It's early. I still have to pack and get ready to go on my 4 hour trek. With my luck the campground will be shut down early this year. I am going to call before we leave that's for sure!

Take care everyone!

Quote of the day
So if it seems that some of what I'll have to say in the pages to come doesn't reflect the mellowing of age, that's only because I've never found that life and memories respond to time the way that tobacco does.
Caleb Carr, 'The Angel of Darkness', 1997

16 Comments:

At 8:09 a.m., September 30, 2006, Blogger Krista said...

Wow that'a quite a story. Sure hope next week goes more smoothly. And hope Dr. Ouch doesn't do anymore u/s or your retrieval!

 
At 11:33 a.m., September 30, 2006, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

I don't effing believe that he said that! How did you NOT smack him upside the head... ugh.

 
At 1:13 p.m., September 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, the comment made by your friend is pretty sad.

We had a friend, who knows what we are going through, and she says, "Wow, kind of makes you think about survival of the fittest." This from a woman who accidently got pregnant, and considered ending the pregnancy.

I think some people just don't think before they speak.

Just feel sorry for them because they clearly have no idea what it is like to walk 1 day in our shoes, let alone, years.

In the end, We Win. Because the empahty and understanding, and character building IF brings with it, is a medal I am honored to wear.

Ignore your friends comment. It's a lack of understanding that none of us would ever dream of saying to someone we know is undergoing IF.

We are with you.

 
At 4:27 p.m., September 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMFG! He really said that?! I hope you whipped off your stiletto heels and jabbed him in the eye with them, that is unbelievable! I hope your friend had the decency to feel embarrassed....

 
At 4:35 p.m., September 30, 2006, Blogger DD said...

Your friend's "sperm donor" - WTFF? She certainly doesn't sound like she "won" when she picked up that dunce.

 
At 6:59 p.m., September 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the only thing that fool wins is the booby prize for being the biggest dickhead. what a wanker how did you not staple his tongue to the wall?

glad things are progressing well for the cycle too

 
At 7:30 p.m., September 30, 2006, Blogger Bea said...

Win? As far as I can tell *you* won. You think Daddy paying to get you into college vs working your arse off for a scholarship whilst doing a minimum wage job to keep the roof over your head makes the Daddy's girl the "winner" just because she turned up a year earlier or something?

No - you're definitely the winner. Already.

Bea

 
At 8:51 p.m., September 30, 2006, Blogger Nico said...

We win??????? What a complete and total ASSHOLE!

I hope you don't get Dr. Ouch again, she sounds like a loser too.

 
At 4:49 a.m., October 01, 2006, Blogger Lut C. said...

I find it mindboggling that you have to drive 4 hours to the clinic for blood draws and u/s.

My clinic is an hour away (except when there's too much traffic) and they work with local ob/gyns who do blood draws and u/s.


Regarding your 'winner', how did your friend react to that statement?
She was appropriately mortified, I hope.

 
At 10:27 a.m., October 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an ass! Glad that things are going well so far for your cycle! Good luck.

 
At 10:39 a.m., October 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE WIN!?!?!?

Holy shit! You would have had to hold me back from going after him with a 2 by 4. What an ass!

 
At 2:46 p.m., October 01, 2006, Blogger Kris said...

"WE WIN" ????? I would've kicked him in the nuts.

Wow, your drive is even worse than mine (2 hours). It does suck that it's barely dawn when we get there. We do have first come first serve ultrasounds though. And I've yet to have a Dr. Ouch. She sounds horrible. As a female, how can she not find where the probe goes?

 
At 3:48 p.m., October 01, 2006, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Geez! What a dickhead!

rI am glad that everything is going well with the cycle. I have everything crossed for you this time around. Hugs.

 
At 9:56 a.m., October 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiding ovaries, yep know how that goes. My left one always hides in the beginning. She's a little shy, well actually she's a little scarred up for an ectopic explosion. Anyhoo... I hope your ovary gets with the program.
Thinking of you and praying this cycle goes well. If you have Dr. Ouch again, give her a swift kick to the head and tell her she must have hit a reflex with the dildo cam!

 
At 2:49 p.m., October 02, 2006, Blogger queen said...

I can't believe the 'we win' comment. I would have cried and cried and cried... just to stop myself doing something violent I'd regret.

 
At 3:36 p.m., October 02, 2006, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

That comment was ridiculous, as all of your lovely commenters have already said.

I hope you do not have any more encounters with Dr. Ouch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home