Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A weekend away...

Well last weekend we headed out camping. It was a pretty good weekend, except our friends daughter. Here let me explain.

Our friends daughter lets call her NB (for nasty bag) calls me every now and again. Well NB has severe PCOS. (I am not sure how severe it is though as far as I know if you have a bad case of PCOS it is very difficult to get PG... but what do I know I am not a dr.) So lets go back a few years, she gets married, wants to get PG right away as hubbs is a little older than her. Doesn't get PG in 2 months, runs to dr., does clomid for 2 months (Due to the severe PCOS??) and whamooo she gets PG. How wonderful for her, that is great news. Well she would NEVER go on clomid again as it's to hard (man I think there is a lot of girls out there who would give to get PG after 2 rounds of clomid!). Ok fine that's her business. She knows about our infertility, according to her, she knows exactly how we feel (hmm 2 months of clomid vs. 10 years IF with 3 years of Clomid on and off and a couple of failed IVF cycles... ya I am sure she totally gets it. *note the sarcasm! LOL*) Personally myself I don't know how people feel as we all go through some of the same emotions but every journey is different... whatever!

She used to call me every now and again when she was PG the first time... before I had success with IVF. It was kind of difficult to talk to her but I managed to muddle through. Well back in December she went off the pill and got PG the very first month (I guess I don't know much about PCOS). So what does she do? Picks up the phone to call me? WTF? She had moved I thought I wouldn't have to ever deal with her again. Now I am happy that she didn't have any troubles this time, she on the other hand is p-oed that she got PG (well I think staying on the pill would have solved that now wouldn't it??). I am thinking to myself, now if it was me would I call up someone I know that went through 10 years of IF and haven't talked to since I was PG the last time and whine about being PG? (I don't think so) So since DEC she calls every now and again to let me know whats going on with her PG... mostly complain. WTF? I also get to hear about how hard PG is on her... she's talking to someone who was on bedrest for 3 months and had to be in the hospital for 12 days after delivery due to complications... and NEVER complained and WOULDN'T change it for anything and WOULD even do it all again.

Well last Thursday she called again (lately I have been screening my calls from her, especially since the last failed cycle.. ugg). She is going on and on about her PG and complaining about getting PG before she was ready and that she really only wanted an only child. Finally I can't take it anymore. I said to her, we just had another failed cycle and I just can't hear about your PG anymore. So of course what is her comment? Well you have two already so why are you so upset? You are lucky to have what you have. (NO SH*T... ya think I don't know that?) *THUD* Then back to her PG again. So then I got off the phone as quickly as possible!

So you would think that would have been the end of that? Well this is where the weekend comes in.

We went camping with her parents, they don't live around her parents anymore so I figured it would be safe. Well guess who's hubby had a golf tourney at the same lake... ugg! After the golf tournament they had a supper so I was hoping we wouldn't see them as her parents were in a different area of the campground then we were. Well I must have done something to annoy Karma because guess who turned up for a visit during our campfire. Of course she has the big PG belly that I long for. Well what does she do the entire time, rub her belly and do the oooo it moved and grab it. Yup I really must have pissed of karma... was it that dime I found on the sidewalk last week that I picked up? Was it for someone else! LOL! Now I don't begrudge anyone for being PG, but when you know the problems we have had please don't rub your belly in my face! And it was in my face as I was sitting in a lawn chair and she was standing beside me (She probably thought I was horrible for not offering up my lawn chair so she could sit down.) Oh yes so she was even bitching about the 'mother with child' parking at walmart and that people with toddlers shouldn't park there so that PG women could. I told her one of my infertile friends parks in those spots... I don't think she was impressed! Last I heard walking a little won't kill ya when you are PG unless you have issues?

So that was my weekend. I was almost in tears when she left... I thought she was very cruel especially since a few days earlier I told her I can't deal with PG women right now due to my recent failed cycle. I did manage to feel a little better the next day and was glad that they left and didn't come to visit again.

Quote of the Day
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Martin Luther King Jr. (1929 - 1968)

Warning kids discussed
Well the dreaded and celebrated 1st birthday is upon us. I am getting ready for the boys 1st birthday... It is kind of bittersweet. Exciting, yet sad. I can't believe that a year has gone by already. I can't believe that they are 1. It feels like my PG was just a short blip in time, like it didn't really happen. Thank goodness for pictures or I would never believe it. So the invitations have been sent, I made each one by hand and the decorations are ready to go. I have two cakes that I made from scratch in the freezer waiting for me to decorate later this week. I have lists of things I need to do and after Friday it will all be done and it will be done. I am looking forward to it in a way and dreading it in another. I am planning on enjoying every minute as I know that there will only be one first birthday! If I have learned something from my PG is that you must enjoy the moment because it will not last long! I plan to take a zillion photos and some video to. I want this moment to last forever in my mind.

On another note camping went well this time. The boys are a little older and more used to the trailer. I am glad it went well and I think they enjoyed it. I finally figured out what language my oldest speaks... crow. Yes I said crow. It was so funny, there was two crows, the first would squack, the second would squack, then my oldest would squack. This went on for quite some time it was so cute. There was a childrens festival at the market nearby. We took the boys, there was a petting zoo. They loved the baby goats, and there was a little cow too! It was funny to watch the boys giggle! When we got back to the campground there was wagon rides going through, pulled by 2 big horses. We took the boys out when they went by and once they stopped so the boys could pat the horses. They really enjoyed that. It was so kind of the people driving the wagon to stop. I think they really had a good time, it makes me happy to know that they are happy!

Take care

21 Comments:

At 12:35 p.m., July 18, 2006, Blogger Serenity said...

Oh, Soralis, NO ONE needs to be near someone like that... you are one heck of a patient lady- I'd have thrown her out on her pregnant ass as soon as she told me she was pissed she was pregnant.

I am so sorry that you had to spend time with someone like that.

But I am glad your boys had a good time camping. Happy birthday to them!!

 
At 12:54 p.m., July 18, 2006, Blogger Kellie said...

Grrr. People like that really tick me off. Even 100 years ago when I was fertile - I couldn't stand to be around people that complained constantly about being pregnant. They just don't get in the whole scheme of things what a teensy tiny period of time 9 months really is.

Glad camping was fun!

 
At 1:58 p.m., July 18, 2006, Blogger x said...

NB is a total witch. It isn't easy to tell somebody that you are having a hard time talking about pregnancy. For her to keep going on about it deserves a slap. I am sorry she but a wrench in your weekend.

Have fun planning the b-day party. I bet there will be cake hanging from the rafters.

 
At 2:46 p.m., July 18, 2006, Blogger Barely Sane said...

Uggg, I feel for you! Good thing I wasn't there, I likely would've strangled her! Not exactly PC!!

I'm glad the boys were good camping. And I hope they have a very happy birthday!

 
At 3:45 p.m., July 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A well placed

"will you kindly fuck off now?"

would have done wonders.

 
At 5:02 p.m., July 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry you had to deal with such an ignorant jerk- you did well to contain yourself and not slap her!!
Happy birthday to the boys, enjoy and get loads of photos!

 
At 7:05 p.m., July 18, 2006, Blogger Courtney said...

I hate it when people are so inconciderate! I have PCOS and have been trying for over a 1 1/2 years. I promise that it is not that easy for most of us! She is just... I don't even have words for her! I hope you have luck soon!

 
At 3:18 a.m., July 19, 2006, Blogger Bea said...

Ok, well I'm trying to think of something to say about your friend's daughter, but all I can think of is:

!!!

Beyond that words fail me. Actually that pretty much was words failing me.

Bea

 
At 3:25 a.m., July 19, 2006, Blogger Meg said...

What an IDIOT.

I'm no advocate for violence, but shouldn't some people just be whacked?

 
At 4:56 a.m., July 19, 2006, Blogger LiL Moo & Mee said...

Not surprised your screening the calls, I honestly couldn't be bothered with people like that, to much energy wasted.

 
At 7:51 a.m., July 19, 2006, Blogger MoMo said...

Soralis--sorry about that experience..I don't think I would have been as graceful as you were. I hope you don't see or talk to her for a long long time.

 
At 12:18 p.m., July 19, 2006, Blogger Angie said...

I'm sorry Soralis! I can't stand when people act like that!

 
At 4:01 p.m., July 19, 2006, Blogger Becci said...

Oh man, girl! I can only imagine how that made you feel. It just shows that she really DOES NOT understand. Sounds very cluless to me.

 
At 6:31 p.m., July 19, 2006, Blogger GLouise said...

What a clueless woman! And on top of that- she is about as sensitive as a brick!

 
At 8:59 p.m., July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your asshole friend. I swear some people...
You boys sound adorable, I totally get you on the bittersweet birthdays also, not that I have kids, but my niece turned 4 last month and it was so bittersweet. Very hard for Auntie Kimmer to deal with. They grow up entirely too quick!

 
At 8:12 a.m., July 20, 2006, Blogger Susan said...

what a collosal ignoramus.

i'm really sorry you had to deal with that.

hugs to you.

 
At 10:15 a.m., July 20, 2006, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Let me get this straight - she called you to tell you she was PG and that she was pissed about it?! She called YOU of all people? Why would she do that? What is wrong with people?!

 
At 11:00 a.m., July 20, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad that camping with the boys went more smoothly. Sounds like they had a good time.

But, holy cow, I would of walked off of that campsite the minute she stepped into it. Your a very nice and patient person for putting up with that.

Here's to hoping you don't have to deal with her again for a loooong time.

 
At 6:26 p.m., July 20, 2006, Blogger Amy said...

I am so sorry to hear that NB crashed your weekend. She sounds awful, and I can't believe that she totally ignored you when you told her that you were going through a hard time and didn't need her crap. I'm really sorry about all of that.

Happy birthday to your boys! It sounds like you are planning a wonderful 1st birthday party for them.

 
At 6:28 p.m., July 20, 2006, Blogger Kris said...

NB is a much too kind nickname. You behaved far better than I would have.

Mmm. Two cakes.

I love watching first birthday babies dig into their cake. Such unadulterated glee and stickiness.

 
At 11:33 p.m., July 20, 2006, Blogger Pixxiee said...

If NB calls you again tell her to Piss Off! You don't have to put up with that...in fact, tell her what you have written here and make her really think about it.

Glad the boys had fun camping though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home