Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Still hot here... where is the rain?

Well our heat wave continues, I sure hope we get rain so or we are all going to 'dry up'... our relative humidity yesterday was something like 29%. It was 39 C (102F) here yesterday, way to freaking hot!!! I don't know how you southern US people manage the heat that you get down there! 75F is about all I can handle!

Well there is some relief in site as it is supposed to cool off in the next couple of days, only a few degrees but that's better than nothing!

IVF thoughts

Waiting again, and trying the "old fashion way". (ya I still believe in the Tooth Fairy too! Darn I should have kept those wisdom teeth I had pulled a few months ago!!)

I was thinking to myself hmm what are the chances so I decided to do some math... so 10 years of trying, lets say that our timing was on about 9 out of 12 months of the year (probably more actually but that is just too depressing to think about!!). So that would be 90 failed cycles plus we started trying again in December, so lets add another 5 onto that. For a total of 95 failed natural cycles and heck why not add the 1 fresh and 2 failed FET. So that makes the total 98. Wow 2 more and we make 100! Maybe I am shooting for a success on 100? (ya back to the tooth fairy thing again! :))

On the waiting front I have to go for ALL (minus the HSG, thank god!) the start-up test again. Even the blood tests for h.iv and Hep, what the heck? Ya I am sure that will tell us a lot about my fertility and sheesh I have been banging everything out there to get PG so I must have caught something! (oh goody my sarcasm is back) I get the 3 day blood work and possibly an u/s and SA but those other blood tests? WTF? I just love taking the paperwork to the lab to get them done. I always make sure that I tell them what's it's for, I feel dirty! ha ha! Oh ya and even though they want to 'check' everything out before another cycle there is no SA for hubbs? WTF? I guess that doesn't change? Lucky man! :)

I am still not sure about this next cycle as I know the odds are so low, and I am not looking forward to another fresh cycle. FETS are so much easier and no nasty retrieval. (Next time they better get the IV in as I refuse to go through that unmedicated EVER again, yes I said unmedicated! For once I was happy I only had one ovary!)

I am just angry that I have to 'go there' again...

Quote of the day
I grow more intense as I age.
Florida Scott-Maxwell, O Magazine, October 2003

Warning kids discussed
Amazing days...

Yesterday I had the boys outside sitting on a blanket. It was amazing to watch them. Shortly after placing them on the blanket my littlest one decided to check out the grass. He was sitting on his bum so he scooted over to the edge of the blanket. The feet were the first to touch the grass. Slowly he put his feet on the grass and quickly yanked them back, too prickly I guess? This went on for a while, then it was back to his little truck.

So the entire time the bigger fella was playing with his truck then decided it was his turn. He was also sitting on his bum, but scoot he did not, instead he grabbed the blanket and began to pull. First it was about discovery of the blanket, it had some fuzzy parts and some vinyl type parts, he had to feel it. Then it was back to the quest of finding the grass. He eventually pulled the blanket until he managed to bunch it up enough to touch the grass. He uses his hands in such a delicate way it is quite amazing to watch. First it was touch the blades, no pulling back here, his little fingers running up and down the blades feeling the textures. At this point I stuck the soother in his mouth so that the grass didn't end up in there. This was fun for a while, but further investigation was needed. The pulling started, but not hard enough. Finally he yanked out a sprig of the green stuff. Then the careful investigation started, passing the blade from one hand to another, back and forth, he was handling it like a fine piece of china. Then it was time to get rid of it... darn sticky hands (why do babies always have sticky hands). Finally he managed to get it off of his hand and it was on to pluck out another one, after gently feeling in first.

In the mean time the little one decided that it was his turn to touch the grass again. This time it was with his finger, his little pointer finger. He loves his pointer finger, he always uses it to check things out for the first time. So there goes the little finger onto the grass, no pulling back this time. He sat there for quite some time with 'the finger', curl it up, straighten it out and repeat. Finally it was more exiting to try to pick up the remnants that the brother had been discarding.

As I watched I sat there all my issues just disappearing, it was amazing to watch the wonder of these two little men discovering grass for the first time.

Take care

20 Comments:

At 10:55 a.m., July 05, 2006, Blogger Thalia said...

What a beautiful observation of your boys, I could just imagine it happening.

 
At 10:56 a.m., July 05, 2006, Blogger DD said...

Our lovely hiv labs are good for one year. After that they must think couples are being slutty and need to test again. It's insulting.

My son was like your reluctant one. Even bubbles were just a little too freaky for him, which by the way, have you tried that yet?

 
At 12:34 p.m., July 05, 2006, Blogger Angie said...

Good luck with the "old fashioned way"!

 
At 3:36 p.m., July 05, 2006, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am sorry that you have to go through all that lab work again. What a pain. I am glad that you don't have to endure another HSG. I am thinking of you!

 
At 3:59 p.m., July 05, 2006, Blogger Serenity said...

Wow. Your boys sound amazing - discovering grass. :)

102F is HOT. I hope it cools down soon!

 
At 5:11 p.m., July 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love to hear the stories of your little ones. It really makes all of this worth it for the hope that one day we might be there sitting on the grass watching our kids do exactly the same thing. Take care.

 
At 7:32 p.m., July 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's soooo nice to have you posting on a regular basis again.

It was cooler here today but apparently the heat wave is coming...

 
At 9:39 p.m., July 05, 2006, Blogger me and m said...

Oh hun,
You should never count those failed cycles. It's just too depressing.
Good luck with some good "old fashioned" ttc!
M

 
At 7:49 a.m., July 06, 2006, Blogger Susan said...

I love stories like that. They sound so adorable.

And good luck with the old fashioned method!

 
At 8:18 a.m., July 06, 2006, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

It's amazing seeing things through their eyes.

 
At 10:15 a.m., July 06, 2006, Blogger Barely Sane said...

What a great story about the grass. I could just see them in my mind - too cute!!!

I hear ya on the b/w stuff - I even have to get it repeated for the adoption stuff. I agree - it makes me feel dirty! I wonder what goes thru the mind of the vampire who's taking the blood! Yikes!

 
At 10:44 a.m., July 06, 2006, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

That was so sweet. It is amazing watching them learn before your very eyes.

 
At 12:34 p.m., July 06, 2006, Blogger MoMo said...

I bet it is amazing to watch your boys react/discover things. How special. Sorry you have to do all the lab work again.

 
At 5:33 p.m., July 06, 2006, Blogger Pixxiee said...

I love the boys and the grass...it's so special watching them feel and touch something for the first time!

 
At 5:36 a.m., July 07, 2006, Blogger Meg said...

As for me... freezing down here in the southern hemisphere...

 
At 9:36 a.m., July 07, 2006, Blogger Ella said...

Hi - Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your boys sound wonderful - your story gives a lot of us out there tremendous hope. Enjoy the TTC times. Take care and I'm thinking of you. I'll be following your story.

 
At 2:01 p.m., July 07, 2006, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

I love your posts Soralis.

 
At 8:37 p.m., July 09, 2006, Blogger x said...

I love the story about discovering the grass - that is what I want motherhood be.

 
At 8:37 p.m., July 09, 2006, Blogger x said...

"to be". That didn't sound right at all.

 
At 5:24 a.m., July 10, 2006, Blogger Bittermama said...

I hope the natural attempts bring a big suprise, but if not that IVF is easier for you this time around. Unmedicated!?!?! Holy cow, woman!

And yes, isn't it lovely that you have to do all the STD tests again? And to add insult to injury, here in my state, if you are successful you have to have them all again (syphilis even has to be done TWICE in every pregnancy) with your OB.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home