Saturday, June 10, 2006

Relaxation and Rain

Well the vacation is going well so far. It is nice to be away and away from everything including IVF. I am trying to read a few blogs now and again, it is difficult with dial-up and staying at the in-laws

I am sooo missing my high speed internet!

IVF thoughts

None and it's blasted wonderful... Instead, I am hoping that the old fashion way worked this month (darn Dr. Monkey Butt for
putting that back in my mind, the mind that was finally convinced that it will never work. Heck it only took me ten years to get it out of my head, then one conversation with a rotten fertility dr. and WHAMOO it's back again!! :) )

Quote of the day
It's better to do nothing with your money than something you don't understand.
Suze Orman, O Magazine, February 2003

Warning Kids discussed

Traveling with twins... It can be very interesting. When flying there can only be one infant per row as there is only 4 oxygen masks per row (I have always thought that if them things come flying out at you what's the point because you are probably a gonner anyway! :) ). We were lucky that our connecting flight wasn't full as they blocked off a center seat and we had a row of 3 between the 4 of us. I am really not sure how I would have fed the boys if we had of both been in different rows with a full plane! Yikes! So our first flight was about a half hour and the second one about 4 and 1/2 hours. The boys were unbelievably good. I was so proud, I think we actually had the best little ones on the plane! The flight had wonderful little TV's in the seat backs, Treehouse kept one of the boys busy for a while and when he was asleep mom got to watch soaps (Well I had to watch soaps just to say I watched them on the plane!!) There was also a wonderful GPS system that showed where in the country we were as well as our altitude. Kept mom just as amused as the boys I think.

After our second flight we had a three hour drive to our final destination. But here is the fun part of the story. We arrived in Halifax airport. Headed down to get our luggage and then off to pick up our rental car. So picture this; hubby has a cart with 4 large pieces of luggage, a back pack and 2 car seats. I had the boys in one of those side-by-side umbrella strollers with laptop bag (must have my computer), video camera bag and one very full and heavy diaper bag. All bags hanging off the umbrella stroller of course. (If you have twins skip the double umbrella stroller... ugg the little wheels SUCK with a really big S). Anyway off we go out of the airport then down the ramp to the rental cars, hubby was ahead by a ways. So what does mom do? Dump the boys over backwards, one of the boys almost fell right out of the seatbelt on the stroller. They ended up laughing, they thought it was fun! There was so much stuff on the stroller that they didn't go over to far and there was plenty of padding for their heads. Well anyway there was so much hanging off of the stroller I couldn't get it back up so hubby had to 'park' the cart with all the luggage and come back and help me out. Usually everyone in the Maritimes is so helpful, but the special officers that were there to help people across the street just stood and watched me, thanks! Well hubby finally got back up the ramp and we were on our way. I had to get our keys from the booth and we were off again. Well it was hubby's turn. There was a grate in the parking lot that he couldn't see due to all the crap on the cart... so there went the luggage! Some how the car seats managed to 'levitate' and didn't go crashing to the ground, thank goodness! (I am sure the people sitting waiting for us to pass in the car had a good laugh out of us!! :) )

So we left the boys in the middle of the parking lot and started to load up the car. Good thing there isn't much traffic! :) And we were off. One of the boys finally got a bit fussy but they did all right. We finally arrived at Granny and Grampees just in time for supper and then bed for all! One fella didn't want to sleep so my darling hubby took the night shift since I had a migraine coming on.

Since then all as been good, the boys are a little fussy but I am sure it is just because they are adjusting to their new environment.


-Day 4-
We met with the priest today to prepare for their baptism. We watched a video and installed his new printer. He wondered if my hubby knew anything about computers, hubbs said no but the wife does! LOL! I never thought I would travel across the country to fix the local priests computer! :) (I will have to ask him to say a special prayer for all of us trying to so hard to have a family or add to our families. :))

Take care everyone

14 Comments:

At 6:40 a.m., June 11, 2006, Blogger Meg said...

I think my stepkids deliberately choose my in-laws to become fussy! *SIGH*

 
At 10:06 a.m., June 11, 2006, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am glad that you are enjoying your vacation. I hope that the old fashioned way works for you too. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

 
At 10:47 a.m., June 11, 2006, Blogger Amy said...

I'm glad that you are having a good time on vacation. I'm also glad that the boys are in such a good mood. I hope the rest of your trip goes well.

 
At 2:02 a.m., June 12, 2006, Blogger LiL Moo & Mee said...

Its nice to get away from the ivf thing, I hope your relaxed.

 
At 4:12 a.m., June 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds divine, you guys deserve a great time....

 
At 10:42 a.m., June 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We missed you! But it was great to hear about your adventure in the airport and that your trip is going well. Enjoy yourself!

 
At 10:50 a.m., June 12, 2006, Blogger GLouise said...

Cute story about the priest and his computer woes! Good to know that you do tech support, too. LOL.

Enjoy your time away!!

 
At 11:16 a.m., June 12, 2006, Blogger MoMo said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying your vacation. I hope the rest of your vacation goes well!

 
At 7:41 p.m., June 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vacations do the mind and body well. It's so nice to "forget" for a while. Your story of the boys and the airport totally cracked me up. I know how hard it is for my husband and I to travel, let alone with two little ones. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

 
At 6:30 a.m., June 13, 2006, Blogger Angie said...

Great to hear from you! Lots of luck!

 
At 9:51 a.m., June 13, 2006, Blogger Barely Sane said...

Glad the vacation is clearing your mind of all your IVF worries. And helping out the priest could be bonus points for ya!!!

Have fun - never been to NS but I would love to one day.

Have fun!

 
At 4:45 a.m., June 14, 2006, Blogger Thalia said...

Sounds like you coped really well with that trip- well done! And well done to those boys for having behaved so well on the plane. Long may that continue.

 
At 2:13 p.m., June 14, 2006, Blogger Serenity said...

Yay to hear from you!!! Glad to hear you're having a good time there and that the boys travelled well. That's very good news. :)

 
At 8:38 a.m., June 15, 2006, Blogger Becci said...

Hope you're still having a good time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home