Friday, June 30, 2006

Deep breath... 600+ posts later!!

Wow you gals have been busy while I was away. It took me all week but I am finally up-to-date with everyone. I was sure hoping to hear more good news from everyone, I was sad to hear of the losses and the BFN's that some of you are having to endure. :(

This may be a short post as I am exhausted from trying to catch up with everyone, 600+ posts later I finally am caught up. (And I thought I didn't like to read, you gals fooled me now didn't ya!) Three weeks away from my high speed connection is way to much for me to handle!

So I am glad to be home, I wish we weren't having a freaking heat wave... 36 degrees Celsius (98 f), what is that all about! I live in Canada where's the cool weather?
I am hoping it cools off soon!

IVF Thoughts
Ya pretty much all over the place! Thanks to a vacation and some blog reading I am finally getting some clarity about my own thoughts... more to come later

Quote of the Day
Perfectionism is simply putting a limit on your future. When you have an idea of perfect in your mind, you open the door to constantly comparing what you have now with what you want. That type of self criticism is significantly deterring.
John Eliot, Ph.D., Reverse Psychology for Success

Warning Kids Discussed
While we were away we passed the 11 month mark. Holly crap I never believed that those people (you know the fertile ones) were right, they do grow way to fast!

The boys were awesome on our flights and drives... 3 hours from my inlaws house to the airport then 5 hours on the plane then another hour home. The were perfect on the way down and almost perfect on the way home. (More proof that they must not belong to me! :) )

We were on the first non-stop flight with West.jet from Halifax to home. It was nice that we were able to skip plane changing!! They also had a draw and we won a $500 travel voucher! West.jet ROCKS... if you live in Canada fly with them!! I never win anything so I guess the boys must have brought us good luck! It is wonderful to know that we will be able to go visit the inlaws again next year, it is so important that my boys know their grandparents from the other side of the family!

They adjusted very well to being home, I wasn't sure how that would go after being away for so long.

So now it's just time to plan for their first birthday party and my return to work...

Take care

14 Comments:

At 4:57 p.m., June 30, 2006, Blogger Kellie said...

Welcome home!! I'm glad traveling wasn't too traumatic !! Hope it cools off there soon.

 
At 9:14 p.m., June 30, 2006, Blogger DD said...

I'm always impressed when traveling with my son because I always start off thinking of the worst case scenerios, but it's when he ends up behaving his best.

Welcome back home and I hope we can catch more snippets of everything over the coming days.

 
At 7:56 a.m., July 01, 2006, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

It's nice to have you back! I am sure that it's probably nice to be home after such a long trip. I hope that the heat wave comes to an end soon.

 
At 8:42 a.m., July 01, 2006, Blogger Serenity said...

Welcome home- really glad to see that you're back - and so glad that the boys did handled travelling well.

Looking forward to hearing how you've been doing in the next few days. :)

 
At 1:47 p.m., July 01, 2006, Blogger beagle said...

Welcome Home!

 
At 2:09 p.m., July 01, 2006, Blogger Angie said...

Welcome back!

 
At 3:03 p.m., July 01, 2006, Blogger Susan said...

Glad to hear you are home safely. Looking forward to more of your IF thoughts........

 
At 4:07 p.m., July 01, 2006, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

First birthday party! How fun!!!!

Glad you are back safe and sound!

 
At 10:04 a.m., July 03, 2006, Blogger MoMo said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear that the boys did so well with the plane/driving. Glad you are back!

 
At 5:56 p.m., July 03, 2006, Blogger Becci said...

Welcome back!!!

 
At 7:55 p.m., July 03, 2006, Blogger Demeter said...

Wow, a trip with 11 month toddlers... Nice to know West Jet can take you there and it is feasible eh?
It is super hot in TO too. It must be lovely to organize the kids first birthday!

 
At 8:14 p.m., July 03, 2006, Blogger kp said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog as I am new to this blogging (but not the IF!) Wow! You are a trooper traveling that long with 2 kiddos. I get stressed going 2 hours away with only one little guy. Welcome back and hope it is easy getting back into the swing of things.

 
At 9:32 a.m., July 04, 2006, Blogger Barely Sane said...

Welcome Home!!!

I love WJ! They are THE best to fly with. Congrats on the travel voucher - that rocks!

Can't wait to hear your FET thots.

 
At 6:11 p.m., July 04, 2006, Blogger Family Ties said...

Welcome back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home