Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Frustrations....

Well I have been leaving messages with my clinic for over a week know... and nothing, nada, not one stinking call. I am still waiting for a follow-up call from my failed cycle, I am still waiting for information on what tests I need to have done for another fresh cycle. Waiting, waiting, waiting... am I frustrated? Heck Ya!

I guess they have their money and have done their bit so I don't matter anymore. Is this any way to treat a patient who has yet to pay for another fresh cycle? I THINK NOT! I wish I had options, I wish it wasn't one of the clinics with the best success rates in Canada. Frig I just wish I wasn't infertile!

*Update*
I love blogger, everytime I complain something actually happens. The dr. called me back and we finally had a converstation. As I expected there were no answers to any of my questions but I was overally happy with the conversation. My faith in the clinic is restored for the time being. So I guess we are waiting again!


Quote of the day
Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how... We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.
Agnes de Mille (1909 - 1993)

Warning Kids Discussed
Be careful what you wish for. (By the way this is not meant to be me complaining, just chatting about how things have changed. Wait, I am complaining about one thing... bucket car seats should be able to be used longer!!!)


So I decided to 'run' to the bank quickly yesterday. (insert me laughing my head off here!)

A) Trip to the bank pre-kids. Jump in the car, drive to bank, run into to bank, do bank stuff, back to car, home. Approxx round trip 10 mins

B) Trip to the bank post-kids and the most wonderful invention EVER bucket car seats that clip into bases. Think about going to bank, prepare to go to bank, grab kids, put in bucket (if cold throw blanket over or if in jammies - to lazy to change them lol! throw blanket over.) Grab both car seats, open car, clip in car seats, make sure you have double stroller, drive to bank, get out stroller, unclip car seats, clip in stroller, go into bank (try to navigate doors with double stroller), do bank stuff, back to car, unclip seats from stroller, clip in car, home, approx round trip 1/2 hour

C) Trip to bank post-kids and post-bucket car seats. OMG it's a lot of work! Think about going to bank, have to dress kids, put coat on, take one kid out to car, buckle in car seat, lock all doors in car (make sure you have keys before doing so), go get other kid, take kid out to car, unlock door, buckle in car seat, make sure stroller in trunk (very important), drive to bank, get out stroller, unbuckle kid one, buckle into stroller, unbuckle kid two, buckle into stroller, go into bank, do bank stuff, Go back to car, take kid one out of stroller, buckle kid one into car seat, repeat with kid two, put stroller back in trunk, rest in car for a second than drive home. Approx round trip ALL morning... I kid you not!

Good thing I love them so much or I may never get out of the house! :)

Take care

19 Comments:

At 9:53 a.m., May 31, 2006, Blogger Becci said...

sounds like quite the ordeal to me!!

 
At 12:19 p.m., May 31, 2006, Blogger MoMo said...

Wow...I got tired just reading that! Sorry you haven't heard from the clinic..hope you get some answers soon.

 
At 12:45 p.m., May 31, 2006, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

LOL LOL LOL! That is so true, even with ONE! I can't imagine doing that with 2 the same age!

 
At 2:08 p.m., May 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But think of all that fresh air you're getting. Doesn't all that work count in exercise?

 
At 3:36 p.m., May 31, 2006, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

OMG! I totally hear you but I only have one... that is hard enough. Going anywhere at anytime these days is an adventure...

I hope that stinkin clinic calls you back! It was on our list of clinics to be referred to but frick man it was just tooo far.

 
At 4:26 p.m., May 31, 2006, Blogger Shauna said...

I'm so glad you decided to stay. I would've missed you so much.

 
At 4:42 p.m., May 31, 2006, Blogger DD said...

Maybe someone at the clinic is reading your blog!

Or maybe you need to post about how you're upset you've never won the lottery and then *poof*, you win the lottery!

 
At 5:28 p.m., May 31, 2006, Blogger Angie said...

Glad to hear that you spoke to your clinic. Hope you get some real answers soon!

 
At 9:14 p.m., May 31, 2006, Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I hope that you get the answers that you need soon. Thinking of you.

 
At 9:38 a.m., June 01, 2006, Blogger x said...

Why in Canada do we get a follow-up call instead of appointment? That really bugs me! I am glad they finally called you back.

 
At 11:34 a.m., June 01, 2006, Blogger Serenity said...

Wow, what an ordeal. But yeah - I second dd - it counts as exercise - it's go to!

 
At 1:14 p.m., June 01, 2006, Blogger Barely Sane said...

LOL - all morning! Bet you wont be trying THAT again today!

But in all honesty, at least you have the good sense to go thru the whole process no matter how much of a PITA it is. Last Xmas, at the back of the parking lot of a Wal-Mart, there were 2 kids in a car. One was about 5 yrs old, the other couldn't have been more than 5 mos. I was devestated - someone left their children unattended. I called the cops.

Glad the clinic finally called!

 
At 1:29 p.m., June 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, what DD said--maybe someone at the clinic reads your blog!
And your trip to the bank sounds exhausting. I feel like I need a nap after reading that.

 
At 2:28 p.m., June 01, 2006, Blogger squarepeg said...

I'm sorry they're being so pokey about getting in touch, but glad you're on for another round!!

I'm also glad you're sticking around blog land. Not only is it great to keep up with your stories, but your encouragement on other blogs is so nice :) Thanks :)

 
At 3:04 p.m., June 01, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

You absolutely have every right to complain about the challenges of parenting, just like everyone does! We all know it doesn't mean you're not grateful for those two!

I'm glad the clinic finally called you!

 
At 5:28 a.m., June 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are sticking around - I would have missed you terribly.

 
At 6:52 a.m., June 02, 2006, Blogger GLouise said...

Good grief! You'd think your clinic would want you and your money back :-)

I am still wondering why my clinic hasn't called me to schedule my "post cycle consult."

Sigh.

 
At 10:00 a.m., June 02, 2006, Blogger Snickollet said...

I've really appreciated all the comments you've left and my blog. I'm finally taking some time to read your story and I'm enjoying "getting to know you."

My fingers are crossed that a fresh IVF cycle can begin soon. And your twin stories are a good reality check for me! So many things to look forward to . . .

Keep blogging!

 
At 2:11 p.m., June 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so true. I live in a small town and we have to get our mail at the post office. This is the biggest inconvinence ever. I have a 2 year old and a 9 month old and it probaly takes me 45 minutes to get ready to go and get the mail and come home. It's such a hassle to fight with the car seats and buckles that I'd rather walk both kids the hour and a half trip!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home