Monday, April 24, 2006

Things that make me so sad...

We heard some sad news this weekend. I was talking to a friend of ours to see how the plans for their daughters wedding this summer was going. I guess things have been postponed for the time being. Then I found out why. Both my husband and I cried we were so sad.

She is in her early 20's and was almost killed in a car accident when she was very young. She had brain damage to the frontal lobe. To meet her you probably wouldn't know, she is a little scatterbrained and sometimes a little hyper (but she is blonde so she always jokes that is why). Well sh*t has hit the fan. They were concered that as she got older that there may be new issues come up. Well they have. It looks like there was also damage to the back of her brain that they were unable to detect. It may be messing with her hormones and sending her into early menopause and she may require a hysto. To top it off she has started to have severe attacks of anxiety that she can feel coming on and can't do anything about. She really wants to have kids one day. I couldn't even imagine having to deal with all of this in my early 20's.

I wish there was something I could do for this poor girl. (My mother was kind enough to point out how "lucky" we are. Who knew that requiring IVF made us lucky?? *insert sarcasm here* )

FET Thoughts
approximately 2 more weeks until transfer... it seems so surreal. It doesn't feel real yet, if it wasn't for the drugs I wouldn't even feel like this is happening. I suppose when the transfer happens it will feel more real... it feels like it has been so long since our fresh cycle.

Quote of the day
"Our will is always for our own good, but we do not always see what that is."
- Jean Jacques Rousseau

Warning Kids discussed
Uuugg we have been "outted". We are members of a twins club and there was an outing this past weekend (our second time out... YEY). Well we were sitting with a couple and she actually asked if we used drugs or ART to have twins. WTF who asks that! Well I am not really into lying so unfortunately I told her the truth. Great now we will be added to the list of, oh she used IVF that's WHY she has twins. What does that make them not real twins? I was just getting more comfortable feeling like a mom of twins instead of an infertile who happened to have two babies at the same time. I don't care if people know that I used IVF that's not really the issue, I just don't want the boys know as the "IVF twins". I guess I can't have one without the other. I just wanted to be like everyone else in that club, just a mom to twins and nothing else... but now I guess I am another one of the moms who has twins only because of IVF. Uggg.

Well the boys are currently sick, I hate to see them suffering through a cold, specially since they haven't learned how to 'blow' their noses yet. I sure hope they get better soon.

Take care everyone and good thoughts to all

10 Comments:

At 1:01 p.m., April 24, 2006, Blogger Sunny Jenny said...

That does put our problems into perspective....

Well I tagged you! You're it! Check out my blogg for more info.:)

 
At 3:05 p.m., April 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoping things go well for the transfer. Also hoping the boys get over their colds soon. Hang in there.

 
At 4:20 p.m., April 24, 2006, Blogger Barely Sane said...

Twins are twins. You carried them both together. You gave bith to them together. IVF or no-IVF, that part doesn't change.

Maybe they're all jealous cuz you WANTED 2 and they didn't??? Grasping at straws here.

Fingers crossed for your transfer!

 
At 4:33 p.m., April 24, 2006, Blogger beagle said...

They say that kids say the darndest things . . . yeah, but what about all those stupid adults? Can't people learn to wonder silently?

Geesh!

 
At 7:13 p.m., April 24, 2006, Blogger Ladybug Ann said...

That's horrible news about your friend's daughter.

Good luck with the FET!

(BTW, you have been tagged)

 
At 8:13 p.m., April 24, 2006, Blogger Shauna said...

That poor girl. What we're going through is life altering but it's not life ending. So when I hear about accidents and illnesses and whatnot, I try to remind myself that I am otherwise lucky. It's hard to remember sometimes.

hugs,

 
At 8:58 p.m., April 24, 2006, Blogger Jen said...

Wow, you never know what life can be like until you hear a story like that..
I hate people asking me are my twins natural?? No, they're aliens!
Someday I'll have a snappy come back!
Oh yeah, BTW...
Tag, You're it! Just something fun, see my blog for more info!

 
At 6:42 a.m., April 25, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

I hate when people remind me that things could always be worse. Noone is lucky to be infertile.

 
At 9:04 a.m., April 25, 2006, Blogger Courtney said...

Aw sorry to hear about being 'outted' ... I out myself a lot about doing IVF to have Kian. I sometimes get tired of people taking fertility for granted. I would love to have FET twins lol what would I be getting myself into eh?

Thanks for checking out my blog ... it's good to share the journey!

Courtney

 
At 5:26 p.m., April 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also a mother of twins as a result of IVF, although it didn't take me any where near as long as it took you. I have few problems telling most people about the IVF as they are usually interested and I believe it helps to have these issues discussed. I do, however, tell the people who are clearly only sticky nosing that yes, twins are in the family, my anuty also has twin boys.

However, while I sympathise with your plight, I worry that you are setting yourself up for perpetual disappointment by taking things so much to heart. People are insensitive, that will never change. All you can change is your response to it.

Good luck with your FET.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home