Friday, April 07, 2006

Things are going to be changing around here... stay tuned

Yes things are going to be changing on this blog. Since I can't sleep at night most of the time I decided that I was going to start working on a change to my template. Hopefully in the next week or so my efforts will be ready to show off to the blog world.

Oh and I got a letter from work today... apparently they decided to give me a raise! Not bad since I have been off on sick/mat leave since April 05. (Yes to all my American friends Canada does have one thing good that you guys don't have, year long mat leave. Here I thought I was never going to get to use it, thank God for modern science!) WTF? I wasn't even there for the review period. Oh well it's more money if/when I go back to work. (That is a topic for another day)

Techie Stuff
Well I am quite pleased with myself I figured out the div statement and even some CSS style stuff. I was quite excited to add a third column without using stinking tables, I hate html tables! Now if only I could find out a good way to create the round corners like on my current blog. I don't think I have any graphic software that can create the nice corners like I have on the current blog. That has got to be the most annoying thing EVER! Why can't they just add a round tag or something? The changes are coming along nicely, now if I wasn't so damn picky I could probably install my new template today!! Got to test it, fix it and test it again and fix it again... you get the picture

FET Thoughts
Still sniffing. Missed one the other day, shit! I remember from last cycle that one miss is OK but that's it. The power went out this morning so I almost missed the 6am today. Sheesh!

Quote of the day
It was either this...
"Kind words don't cost much, yet they accomplish much."
- Blaise Pascal

or this...
"Success is a journey not a destination."
- Ben Sweetland
but anyone who has been through IVF knows that success IS the destination so I think Ben must be a fertile one! LOL!


Well I am happy now, the headaches have started. (I didn't have any headaches for my first two cycles (BFN's) and I had headaches for my BFP.) So yes I am glad to have some headaches.

Warning Kids Discussed
Ok so my friends and family can shut up now, yesterday my oldest popped a tooth! Yes HE IS teething so don't bug me anymore. :)

I was out with dear mother today, I was going to look for Easter baskets for my tiny ones but forgot, oops. So when I got home and mentioned it to my mother she said "Oh I have a bunch of them at home". Then it was the "Oh wait, I think I got rid of them, I was saving them for your kids but I finally gave up and got rid of them". WTF as if I had control of when we had our boys? I mentioned that to her in a not so nice voice. Ya like it's my fault after 10 years of trying I wasn't PG!!! Gee and I wonder why I haven't told her we are going through another FET.

Must go to bed very tired....

Take care everyone

3 Comments:

At 6:07 a.m., April 08, 2006, Blogger Kellie said...

Congratulations on the raise! I have to say I am jealous of the Canadian one year maternity leave thing.

Good luck! Hope the headaches are a good sign.

 
At 5:46 p.m., April 08, 2006, Blogger Shauna said...

hhmmm. Well I used to have the same template as you and somehow I managed to get rounded corners on the banner but I have no idea how!

Good luck with all that. And great news about the raise. :)

 
At 7:47 a.m., April 09, 2006, Blogger x said...

I like your new blogger id pic, I wondered if you were going for a new luck. The 1 yr mat leave is the best, I better get to take advantage of it someday. And that crazy Harper daycare tax credit, I'll take a few of those too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home