Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What no more snow?

Well there hasn't been any snow for the last couple of days... I think 2 feet is sufficient for now though. It has been a wee bit chilly -16 degrees Celsius, this morning. It has been really sunny though so I am not complaining and spring is around the corner. I am not really that much for spring though I hate the mess the winter melt makes, all brown and stinky yuck. I wish we could skip the melting stage or get it over in a day!

FET Thoughts
Waiting for my dr.'s office to call back with my HSG appointment (uuugh!). Yup good ole Aunt F decided she just had to visit again this month. I was so hoping that maybe this time the baby dance would work - ya right, oh well a girl can dream I guess! I am thinking it will probably be Thursday or Friday we will have to wait and see. I will be glad when it is over and we get to move on to the next step. It feels more real now that we are actually doing something. I am hoping that we get the call next month to do our next cycle (I think anyway?) I just hope and pray it works. I am not sure about our chances though. I read somewhere that 80% of embryos produced through IVF are not viable. The article was in inciid's website a while ago but I couldn't find it. So anyway what that means to me... So out of 15 embies that means that 12 are no good so only 3 have a chance and 2 are already used up. So if I am lucky there may be one more viable embie left? Not to mention that the freeze/thaw could destroy the last remaining good one or maybe I already lost it? Oh yes and they use the good quality embies up first so I wonder what that means? Is there anything good left? (Yes I over think everything, keeps me up nights and gives me headaches!)

Given that I have already burned through most of our embies is there any chance? I hope so but I am so very afraid to go down the negative road yet again. But aren't we all?

HSG UPDATE - Scheduled for Monday March 20th, 8:30am! Great I get to stew about it all weekend!!! ha ha! I was kind of hoping it would be Friday!

Quote of the day
"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try and cheer somebody else up."
- Mark Twain

Warning kids discussed
Well in my quest to feel like a parent instead of an Infertile I decided to go out with the boys yesterday. A bunch of gals from the twins club decided to meet at the local boys and girls club - parent link. So here we are 4 of us with twins ranging from 7 months to 10 months and another gal with 3 year old twins. Can you say Chaos? Of course when I walk in the first think I see is a PG lady. Looking all bitchy! Smile gosh darn it some of us actually want to be that way! (Probably another fertile HAG, gets PG just from looking at her husband). So anyway 2 of the twin moms I met at prenatal class for multiples. (Very nice gals but again fertile hags! They both decided to have babies, got PG the first month of trying AND twins... Talk about greedy! Good thing they are nice gals) The other gal I don't know her story but I felt sorry for her. Her 10 month old boy twins are on the move and into everything. I give her credit for coming out boy was it a lot of work. OMG this is what I have to look forward too... and I thought it would get easier. I suppose it will when they are 5 or so. Good thing I love them so much or life may get really complicated!

Well the transition from IF to mom sure is going to be a long slow battle for me. I just felt so out of place still. I guess time is really all I need and keep trying to be just a parent for a while!!

It was great to get out, although I can't believe all the work. We were up at 7:30am feed, change them, get them dressed, get me dressed, feed them their oatmeal, start the car, load them in their car seats, get to them to the car and woola it's 9:30am already!! 2hours, wowee! How am I ever going to go back to work? I was getting up at 5:30am pre boys, what will I have to get up at 4:30am.

Oh yes the big work dilemma. What to do. I would much rather stay at home... but I work in technology when the boys go to school I want to go back to work so that we can afford some nice holidays to Disney etc. But if I don't go back now I am afraid the doors will be shut in 5 years and I will have to start all over. What to do? I don't want to put the boys in daycare and finding a day home for twins is almost impossible. I would like to do some consulting and work from home but I am not sure how to go about it. Also I should go back to work if I get PG so I can enjoy one more year paid mat leave (things about Canada that don't suck... a year mat leave).

So if you have any child care/work ideas let me know!!

Have a great day

6 Comments:

At 12:39 p.m., March 14, 2006, Blogger Shauna said...

Fellow Canadian here (Ontario). HSGs: if I never have to go through another one it will be too darn soon!

I've not gone through IVF personally but a close friend has. I was under the impression that only the "perfect" embryos even get frozen (at least that's what they do at our Fertility Clinic). My friend never had embryo's perfect enough for freezing and still got pregnant 1 out 3 IVFs. I don't know if it helps to know that the quality must be great already to have been frozen. Perhaps I'm just babbling.

We have been TTC for 2 years come summer. I have PCOS and am currently on clomid as well as Metformin. Next stop: IUI.

Anyway, just wanted to stop bye and leave you a little hello.

 
At 10:18 a.m., March 15, 2006, Blogger x said...

Your right, the 1yr mat leave is the best.
I would stay employed with a full time job while you are trying, just to keep the mat. leave benifits. After that, I would go contract/consulting. You make more money and control your hours better.
It's been snowing a bit here but it's been so windy it all blows away as fast as it falls.
I am ready for spring but I agree with you, I could do without the gross melting and mudd.

 
At 1:27 p.m., March 15, 2006, Blogger soralis said...

Flygirl - thanks yes I think you are correct only the good embies are frozen... I am just hoping there is still one more 'great' one in there. Thanks for the hello

Just another Jenny - You are right, I really need to hang in there just in case I get PG, the extra year mat leave would definately be helpful.

It is amazing how another persons words can help put things into perspective... Thanks

 
At 1:34 p.m., March 15, 2006, Blogger Barely Sane said...

Yup... yet ANOTHER crazy canuck here. Just wanted to drop in & say "HI". I could fill the comment section with all the + FET stories I've heard, but until it happens you personally (or me for that matter) it's all crap. Or a craps shoot!
Good luck!
- K

 
At 9:12 p.m., March 15, 2006, Blogger TiggleBitties said...

UGH! Sorry about having to wait until Monday. The agony of waiting, eeeew! Sorry about AF. Next cycle we'll have to send that hag packing. LOL

I haven't started IVF (yet) so I'm not sure about the ratio of viable to non, so I can't offer an assvice there, but I can't imagine they would have went through the hassle of freezing if they weren't good. Keep me posted. I'm thinking about ya!

 
At 6:44 a.m., March 16, 2006, Blogger Three's Company said...

I so know what you mean. To be out of the house by 9 I have to get up at 6:30 and RUSH! I think it will get easier, I mean, they eventually have to move out. Right? LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home