Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Waiting... not so patiently

Still have to pick up the drugs, maybe tomorrow, but I better do it soon. Sunday will be here before I know it. I feel like I am coming down with something, I have a terrible sore throat today. I sure hope it clears up quickly. (Darn husband brought home the cold from work, next time he sleeps in the garage! lol)

It is a beautiful day here today, the snow is melting so quickly it's hard to believe it will all be gone soon. It does make it much easier to get out when it is nicer out.

FET Thoughts
I am hopeful today. I pray every night that there is at least one sticky embie left. I also pray that all my friends out in blog land get to enjoy those Pregnancies they so deserve! I hate that so many people are out there suffering. I am very glad that we have this blogger community though as I am pretty tight lipped about my upcoming cycle. I don't need the comments or the hassle, the only people who truly understand are those who have been there. You would think my mother would understand being that I am an only child due to fertility issues??? Sometimes it makes me wonder if they were all that upset that they couldn't have more but I just don't go there with her. (Besides it would just turn into a competition on who it was harder on!)

Quote of the day... ok so I liked 2 today!
"A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
- Walter Gagehot

"Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simple, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. "
- Storm Jameson

Warning Kids discussed
Ok so the fun has begun, my mother is trying to sell stuff the boys aren't even done with. What the heck am I going to do? I don't want her to know that we are trying for more, and if we get PG she is going to be the last to know so she doesn't tell everyone in listening distance! Why the heck does she care so much about selling our stuff? Give it a rest I say. Usually I just get snippy and say that the boys aren't even done with that stuff yet, she just won't leave it alone. We really need to move clear across the country so she doesn't know what we have or have to sell!

Everyday I look in amazement at my boys and wonder how they could have possibly come from me? I have lost a year somewhere and my PG happened to be in that year. It's all so surreal now, like it didn't even exist. I am glad I took some pictures or I may not have believed that it did happen. It is so amazing to look at them and have them smile when you enter the room, it strengths my desire to add to our family with each tiny smile. I hate the thought of going back to work and leaving them in the care of some stranger... I am hoping that I can get PG and enjoy another year of Mat leave before I finally quit my job. But the best laid plans.... I hate to plan for another year of Mat leave cause I just don't know if it will actually happen.

I did it!! I finally went grocery shopping with the boys. With two baby seats it doesn't take much to fill up the cart. Of course when I entered the store some gal working there decided to comment that I didn't have much room for groceries. No kidding, I hadn't noticed. It was so empowering to actually go somewhere and get something done by myself with two babies in tow! I am woman hear me roar! lol! Watch out grocery shopping here we come. It was great to get out and it was such a sunny warm day.

Take care and may all your dreams come true.

5 Comments:

At 5:08 p.m., March 29, 2006, Blogger Shauna said...

I am thankful for the friends I have found online. It's true. No one can truly understand unless they've gone through it themselves.

hugs to you

 
At 8:59 p.m., March 29, 2006, Blogger Maya said...

I agree. I do not have a real need to share my infertility info with anyone else now that I have all of your that really understand and empathize. It is really nice to have all of you.
I hope you feel better soon.
It is quite perplexing that people often try to "injure" others the same way or in the same area that they were injured. It is a shame. I hope you have other family that are there for you.
Congrats on your shopping trip that is quite a feat.

 
At 10:33 a.m., March 30, 2006, Blogger x said...

Sometimes I don't read the section about the kids (and I do appreciate the seperate section) but today I kept reading. Your mom is an asshat - we should put your mom and my mom on a couple of ice floats to float out to sea together like they used to do with the elderly. I don't care if my mom isn't elderly yet, she deserves the ice float.

Nothing like spring in Canada. The smell of warm dirt always lifts my spirits.

 
At 1:55 p.m., March 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the sore throat has passed and the cold ended up not materializing.
And I'm so glad to hear you're feeling hopeful for the upcoming cycle - I am hopeful for you as well.

 
At 4:17 p.m., April 05, 2006, Blogger Katie said...

Good for you for taking the twins out! It is empowering! I used to have one cart for kids and one for groceries. I'd put the babies in the back cart, and then push it right up against another cart. I'd fold the child seat in the front cart flat, and use the straps to connect the carts. It was a hassle to pull around, but I got out and got my groceries!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home