Monday, March 27, 2006

I'll take another round please...

I can't believe we are starting another round of IVF, well actually FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer). I actually feel like I have lost a year somewhere, it's very strange. My brain is really all over the place I go from being giddy excited thinking maybe it will just work, to trying to calm down as I will only be so very disappointed if it doesn't work.

It is a beautiful and sunny day here today. The snow is melting so fast, pretty soon we will be back to the brown gucky mess of spring. It already is starting to smell from the spring thaw.

FET Thoughts
Start sniffing April 2nd. Hoping that there are no issues with getting my prescriptions this week. (Our mail delivery really sucks here for some reason?) I have started dreaming of how wonderful it would be to be PG again. I am so confused this time, now that I have had 2 failures and 1 success I seem to have way more hope. I am trying to keep it in check since I have had 2 failures before. We have 4 embies and 1 blast left I am just hoping that at least one of them will come home with us one day. (Or maybe two... my husband thinks I have lost my mind wanting twins, but for some reason I am really hoping for twins again. Although all I want is a healthy baby when it comes right down to it)


Quote of the day
"Listening, not imitation, may be the sincerest form of flattery."
- Dr. Joyce Brothers

Warning Kids discussed
I am really hoping that one day I can turn this into a kids after IF blog instead of an IF and kids blog! But aren't we all?

Well I must tell you Today's Parent Magazine has the cure to infertility. (A friend of mine gave me a subscription after I had the boys) I have decided that I am not going to renew my subscription after a little bit they had in their latest magazine. It is no freaking wonder that non-if'ers say the things they do when you see this crap in a magazine.
Adoption an infertility cure? No one knows why, but many families spontaneously conceive soon after they adopt.
Ya I am quite freaking sure that this happens to MANY families. If it did I am sure we would ALL adopt first, then we wouldn't need IVF!

Things that make you feel so lucky...

Well we took the boys out on Sunday, ended up going for brunch (good thing I remembered the diaper bag and some food!). The boys were awesome, I was so proud. I felt like the luckiest mom in the world to have them both so good for so long. It was even at their crabby time. I had so much fun with them and it was great to show them off to the world. It was a cool restaurant too, an old rail car that had been converted. We met up with an old friend we haven't seen in a while and we had a great visit too. It was just a great day. I couldn't help but look at my sweet boys and just know how very lucky I am. They love to be out and about!

3 Comments:

At 7:33 p.m., March 27, 2006, Blogger x said...

Have you sniffed in the past? IF not, I recomend not doing it on an empty stomach. When that crap slides down your throat and hits your empty belly, yuck! I know you have cycled before but synarel is not as widely used so I wasn't sure.
All the best to you and the frosties.

 
At 10:26 p.m., March 27, 2006, Blogger Maya said...

Yay, you're soon to be on the official path again. I hope that this process is smooth for you and successful.

 
At 9:27 a.m., March 28, 2006, Blogger soralis said...

Jenny - yup sniffed before (3 different times... I never experienced the slide down your throat thing, thank goodness. I just had bad headaches the last time)

Beth - yes it is coming very quickly, I can't wait to get started. Yup cancelling the magazine and I may just send them an email as to why

Maya - thanks for the well wishes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home