Friday, March 10, 2006

Friday - guess what more snow!!

So much for going into the city today. I really need to buy some new pants before the butt falls out of the ones I have! I hate buying clothes, when I was skinny it was much more fun! Oh how I miss my skinny days, you know back when you could see your hip bones cause the stuck out, way out! Now I have to go digging to find the darn things, I know they are in there somewhere!

A friend of mine just had to have her last tube removed due to another eptopic PG. She had a failed IVF, had pretty much given up then got PG the old fashion way, only to find out that it was eptopic at her 6 week u/s. She said she could even see the babies heartbeat. It made me so sad. I can't possibly even begin to imagine how awful she is feeling right now. How much is any one person supposed to take? The 'big picture' continues to elude me?

FET Thoughts
Today I feel as though I do not have a right to ask for yet another gift when there are so many who are still waiting. I want to change the world darn it, if only I had the power

Quote of the Day
"Compassion for others begins with kindness to ourselves. "
- Pemma Chodron

Warning Kids Discussed
Well today is another day. I think I have fixed the 'screaming' through lunch/supper issues. Instead of giving the boys their bottles after solids I give them to them an hour before lunch/supper. Seems to have done the trick and they still eat their meat/veggies/whatever is on the menu. I feel much better that they are not screaming so much, but I feel bad that I didn't try this sooner. Poor little monkeys, mom needs to take a class or something.

The small smiles make everyday worth it. I love it when they smile!

I actually had my first major accomplishment yesterday. I got our master bedroom cleaned today and didn't feel guilty about it! I put both boys in a seat on the bed and we played peek-a-boo and sang songs while I cleaned. They even had their morning nap while the vacuum was running! I am continually going through things in our house to remove non-child friendly items. After 11 years of marriage they are everywhere. So now the bedroom is almost done, next up the bathrooms! A while ago we put new cupboards in the laundry room and ALL chemicals went UP.

Yesterday was a good day I am sure today will be too

3 Comments:

At 10:30 a.m., March 10, 2006, Blogger x said...

Although I am jealous of your twins (I'm jealous of anybody's twins) you deserve a pg as much as anybody. Don't think you deserve it any less because it is your second time.

damn snow eh? No winter all January and then we get slammed in March. It's funny, it only seems to be us Canadian girls that worry about the weather so much (I think talking about weather is our favorite national pastime).

 
At 7:25 p.m., March 10, 2006, Blogger Maya said...

Anytime someone wants a baby (1st or 10th), I think it is wonderful. Everytime someone has one I am ecstatic because it gives me hope and since there is not a baby shortage and since even if someone else gets one that lessens my chances. It makes me feel great that you concieved twins from IVF - my dream. So if it is possible for you, then its possible for me. I am hoping and praying with you that you get pregnant again. The more mothers in the world, the better. Please share what you think worked in the past. Sorry about your friend. I can't even imagine the pain she must be feeling.

 
At 7:26 p.m., March 10, 2006, Blogger Maya said...

Sorry, I just saw one of my many typos. I meant to say that it doesn't lessen my chances

 

Post a Comment

<< Home